Brewer Fanatic

Casey McGehee to the Yankees for Chad Qualls

torts
traded for Qualls. wow, talk about an oppportunity for Casey... good luck filling in while A-rod and Tex are hurt... he'll be on the bench shortly

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

The Pirates also sent the Yankees $250,000 in the deal. The Pirates are giving the Yankees money... neat.

That is a bit funny. I'd let them have Veras and give them a few bucks at this point.

Also, Chad Qualls is not very good anymore.

traded for Qualls. wow, talk about an oppportunity for Casey... good luck filling in while A-rod and Tex are hurt... he'll be on the bench shortly

The Yanks have apparently been looking for a platoon partner to pair with Chavez/a guy that'd have no problem hitting the bench once A-Rod is back. I hadn't heard about Teixeira's wrist inflammation until your post, that might be the difference btw. the Yankees keeping Casey around & not just DFAing him once A-Rod is back.

McGehee doesn't do many things well at this point, but hitting lefties is one of them --

2012: .807 OPS

2011: .413 (not a typo)

2010: .947

2009: .865

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I was really hoping he was going to stick in pittsburgh, just so I could watch him more often... but alas, our sweet prince has moved on yet again

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Casey has 2 walks and 2 runs scored in his pinstripe debut today

He had a 6 week streak from June 1st to mid-July where he batted .310 with 7 HR's. It blows my mind that the Pirates actually got the better (so far, maybe Veras will turn it around) of the McGehee-Veras trade. I never saw that coming

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Casey has 2 walks and 2 runs scored in his pinstripe debut today

He had a 6 week streak from June 1st to mid-July where he batted .310 with 7 HR's. It blows my mind that the Pirates actually got the better (so far, maybe Veras will turn it around) of the McGehee-Veras trade. I never saw that coming

well if Qualls isnt any good, then I would say that the pirates didnt get the better... it'll all depend on how Qualls does.

if anything, McGehee won out of everyone involved.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I hope he doesnt, he could be a good bat off the bench

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Archived