Brewer Fanatic

Jonathan Broxton Traded to Reds

splitterpfj

I wish the Brewers would have signed Broxton this off season. He was one of the guys that I wanted the Brewers to take a chance on. He would have improved the bullpen here but not enough to help save it from the implosion that happened.

Because I've always considered Broxton to be a gas can, part of me was hoping that the Brewers would have traded for him. His arrival and impending implosion would have been a perfect cap to the season for the Brewers' pen.... eerily reminiscent of the Marshmallow Man at the end of Ghostbusters.

I wish the Brewers would have signed Broxton this off season. He was one of the guys that I wanted the Brewers to take a chance on. He would have improved the bullpen here but not enough to help save it from the implosion that happened.

one could say that the presence of Broxton could have prevented the implosion that happened....

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

one could say that the presence of Broxton could have prevented the implosion that happened....

Not really since Axford still would be bad and you still have Loe, Parra, Veras, and Krod (but I don't think KRod would be on the Brewers if the Brewers would have signed Broxton). So even if you take out Krod you are still looking at a bullpen that has completely underperformed.

It's pretty amazing how often smaller market/bad teams sign random relief pitchers to a cheap contract during the offseason, that guy has a good first half of the season, and then that team is able to ship the reliever off at the deadline for prospects.

Archived