Brewer Fanatic

FLA trades Gaby Sanchez to Pirates for Gorkys Hernandez and Comp Pick

torts
WAT. CAN NOT COMPUTE

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I'm not sure I want to live in a world where the Pirates (and off-topic, the Cubs) are being run competently.

Another buy-low guy the Pirates will have for years, and with the Appel compensation pick, the Bucs could afford to give up the sandwich round pick without it hurting too much. Gorkys isn't going to hit, so they basically gave up nothing (right now) for a 3ish-win 1B option.

As a side effect, I wouldn't be shocked if this meant Casey McGehee got DFA'd.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

thats what everyone I know here in pgh is saying, later McGehee... talk about a log jam at 1B now with him, Sanchez and Jones

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Sign back McGehee!!! Trade Aram and bingo, we have poop.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm not sure I want to live in a world where the Pirates (and off-topic, the Cubs) are being run competently.

I think that started for the Pirates a few years back, but since it wasn't happening at the MLB level, people didn't believe it existed. Now you have people believing that the Pirates are smoke and mirrors, when really they've got a lot of talent in their organization.

There are ways of finding talent if you take some risk and if you give yourself financial flexibility. If you don't want to take risk, talent costs a lot of money over a lot of years, which eliminates your financial flexibility.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Don't forget the Astros but luckily they are moving to the AL.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived