Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-30 Astros (Norris) at Brewers (Estrada), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-7; bullpen bent but didn't break]

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'm getting excited by Carlos Gomez. His play is much improved as of late. Has he finally made that big turn? Are we finally seeing him reaching his massive potential? He's hitting the long ball, he's getting clutch hits. And he's always playing at mach 3. Is GoGo movin' on up?

Am I wrong, or just searching for something positive in an otherwise lost season??

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Ok, I'm getting excited by Carlos Gomez. His play is much improved as of late. Has he finally made that big turn? Are we finally seeing him reaching his massive potential? He's hitting the long ball, he's getting clutch hits. And he's always playing at mach 3. Is GoGo movin' on up?

Am I wrong, or just searching for something positive in an otherwise lost season??

I don't know, but I sure love watching play the game!

I agree, GormanHarvey. He's so much fun to watch. I'd give my left leg for a team full of guys that have his enthusiasm.

Sometimes I feel like the team is mailing it in. I never get that feeling with Carlos Gomez. He gives you 100% every time he steps on the field.

He's still young (will be 27 in December), and he's by far the most physically gifted athlete on the Brewers. If he's taken that next step, we're in for a treat. Dump Morgan imo, call up Logan Schafer, and we're set in center for a long time.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Community Moderator
yep another shut out loss in the makings,as the crew gets closer to an nice high draft pick. I glad raw is on so i didn't have to watch this embarrassment.

Up to #8 in the reverse standings. Have to be careful though because if they Seattle catches them they will drop two spots (the Pirates get a mulligan on the Mark Appel pick, drafting #9 next year).

1 Houston Astros 35-68

2 Colorado Rockies 37-63

3 Kansas City Royals 41-60

4 San Diego Padres 43-60

5 Chicago Cubs 42-58

6 Minnesota Twins 43-58

7 Philadelphia Phillies 45-57

8 Milwaukee Brewers 45-56

9 Seattle Mariners 47-57

10 Miami Marlins 47 -54

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer reliever comes in, and the other team immediately gets on base.

Stop me if you've heard this one before....

Anyone have even a slight sliver of confidence that the bullpen can actually throw a scoreless 8th and 9th?

Not a chance...

Sigh.

Marco Estrada, "what do I have to do to get a win??"

Seriously, this entire bullpen needs to go.

Hernandez, Loe, Veras, Parra, Rodriguez. None of these guys need to be on the roster next year. Axford is the only guy I'd keep, and his hold on a roster spot is tenuous.

"Gives you an idea of where they are with their bullpen. A guy that's been twice released this year is coming in to pitch in the eighth inning with a one run lead".

Nail. Head.

The song remains the same..........

Sticking with the Zep theme to describe the 2011/2012 Milwaukee Brewers:

"Good Times, Bad Times"

"Dazed and Confused"

"When the Levee Breaks"

and, the inevitable theme song of the Brewers fan, "I Can't Quit You, Baby"

:laughing

Archived