Brewer Fanatic

Stan Kyles Fired

markedman5
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I preface this by saying that I believe that the move had VERY little effect on the bullpen's success, or lack thereof.

I still don't agree with the decision to fire Kyles. Scapegoating is never acceptable in my mind for any business or walk of life. It's just silly and wrong. It's an act to deceive. You can argue that it could "light a fire" under some guys. I disagree. The bullpen arms screwed up and not one player in that bullpen paid any sort of price for it. That's weak and it certainly doesn't breed accountability within the organization.

Sure, it all worked out in the end, but I still don't agree with it.

I doubt it, but I don't think that you can just say no.

We don't know anything about the difference in style between Kyles and Tunnell. We don't know if Tunnell caught something very small or mechanical that Kyles wasn't. We don't know if he may have discovered that one or two guys were tipping their pitches. We don't know if a different approach was tried.

We don't know any of that. Is it quite possibly just dumb luck? Yeah, definitely, but I don't think we can say for sure.

I don't personally think that we can analyze coaches the same way we do players. We know that we didn't go on a major run last year because Rickie Weeks got injured. We know that we haven't been winning since the All-Star break because we traded Zack Greinke. But coaches, I think that's something totally different. Too much behind the scenes to make a real determination IMO.

Archived