Brewer Fanatic

Stan Kyles Fired

markedman5

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok then. Definitely a scapegoat. I don't think this really does anything. I honestly don't blame Kyles or Kranitz. I blame the pitchers most of all. They are mostly veterans, and should be held accountable on their own. If it was on Kranitz though, the starting pitching wouldn't be doing so well either. He's obviously not all bad. I guess that's probably why they fired Kyles. Wouldn't surprise me if Kranitz goes too though.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

With this boat anchor no longer holding the bullpen back, I expect a complete turnaround starting tonight.

I know these are "hired to be fired" jobs and I know the incumbents know that too, but this seems pointless at best and overdue at worst.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

fine, i don't think you can blame Kyles though. Last season we had on of the better pens in baseball, that both were in charge of. There has been a great drop off in players performances from last season, minus the losses of Hawkins and Saito, which hasn't helped at all.

Apparently they must believe that Kyles was not properly transmitting Kranitz' messages to the bullpen. Kyles wasn't the guy coming out of the dugout to talk to guys after they couldn't throw strikes. I'm going to think positively that they want Tunnell to replace Kranitz but that he needs some time familiarizing himself to the staff.

Pointless firing is pointless.

Honestly, I'd love to be a fly on the wall for this kind of firing. How does that even go? Everyone involved in that discussion has to understand how ridiculous it is.

- Stan, you haven't been answering the phone before three rings. I told you last week you had your final warning...

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Maybe the next step that might work better is DFA KROD and send AX to the Minors.

Yeah, DFA everyone out there save for Ax and bring up some other arms. It's not like any of those guys have ANY trade value and none of them are throwing well. We have a minor league system for a reason right? Give some career minor league guys their shot. At this point anything would be better. There's really nobody that you'd expect back anyway so why not? It's become embarrassing. What a great way to hold players accountable: fire their coach!

I'll reserve my full wrath until 8/1. Maybe Melvin is trying to trade them, as slim as those chances are right now. If Krod and Veras are still on the roster Wed, let the rants begin. Kyles getting fired is symbolic. Want to send a message? DFA Veras and KRod, and send Axford to Nashville. Not only is that sending a message, it's best for the team. Ax needs to work on his curve, or come up with a slider or change-up. His straight fastball isn't enough.

I'm going to think positively that they want Tunnell to replace Kranitz but that he needs some time familiarizing himself to the staff.

Man I hope not, Tunnell can have a much larger impact on the organization where he is, going around and tinkering with the mechanics and development of our minor league guys.

edit. I compared Jungmann's curve to Axford's 2011 version and while the pitch improved from last year to this, it's still too loopy and he leaves it up in the zone, it's not a "swing and a miss" pitch, it's a "I let it go by because I was looking for something else pitch". It's an MLB average pitch now, but his slider is a much better pitch from a strike out perspective and I'm curious why he's throwing it less each season. Is it causing him arm problems? Is he having trouble locating it? I've only watched Axford throw something like 10 innings all season but everything was up in the zone.

I noticed a while back, and as I said I haven't been watching Brewer games much at all this season so it may have changed, but when Axford is struggling to throw strikes his arm slot is more 3/4. The closer he was to over the top, the more accurate he was.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived