Brewer Fanatic

Position switch for Lucroy

splitterpfj
Come on people, for the last time, it is L-u-c-r-o-y. Only one capital letter at the beginning like most last names. If you're a fan of this team, you should be able to spell a player's name. It's not that difficult.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

He has a .367 BABIP this year, there is no way he keeps that up going forward.

He is actually BB'ing LESS this year than he has in his career (a Gomezian 5%).

Having him learn 1B to "keep his bat in the lineup" assumes he will be better than whomever we trot out to play 1B in the future. I sure hope he isn't.

He has a .398 wOBA this year, last year it was .310. League average for 1B is somewhere around .350.

And its been like 160 PAs. He's a solid starter but people are expecting him to be an MVP candidate now.

This is the Zombie idea that just won't die, almost no one thinks this is a remotely good idea. Lucroy kind of reminds me of Russell Martin. Solid catcher who all of a sudden has a great offensive season, then just goes back to being a solid catcher. It is not like we are short on bats, we have plenty of guys who can hit everywhere but SS right now, and with Segura that now seems less of an issue too.

Come on people, for the last time, it is L-u-c-r-o-y. Only one capital letter at the beginning like most last names. If you're a fan of this team, you should be able to spell a player's name. It's not that difficult.

In the words of Wallace Cleaver, "I think Eddie and Lumpy are just givin' ya the business."

This is the Zombie idea that just won't die, almost no one thinks this is a remotely good idea. Lucroy kind of reminds me of Russell Martin. Solid catcher who all of a sudden has a great offensive season, then just goes back to being a solid catcher.

I think of him as an A.J. Pierzynski type without the jerk factor. I'd take 10 years of that performance level.

Actually, I have heard that in person, he can be a jerk. Heard a story about his behavior at a signing, and to be honest, it kind of ruined my impression of him.

Anyway, can we end this thread now, huh? Please, just end it...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

We finally have a good catcher after years of crap and people want to move him?

You mean you consider Gregg Zaun, Jason Kendal, Mike Rivera, Wil Nieves, Carlos Corporan, Vinny Rottino, Johnny Estrada, Damian Miller, Chad Moeller, Gary Bennett, Eddie Perez, Keith Osik, Robert Machado, Paul Bako, Jorge Fabregas and Raul Casanova crap?

WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING about the Gritty Battler, Gary Bennett? Remember, dude is a World Series champion. (I really wish I could put that last sentence in blue.)

No, really, bravo on the list. Though you left out Henry Blanco.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived