Brewer Fanatic

Francisco Liriano to the White Sox

jjfanec

Chicago found their starter after losing out on Greinke. Liriano has had some great games lately but is still inconsistent. The Twins didnt get much in return. Eduardo Escobar is a slick fielding no hit SS. I remember his name popping up in a rumor with the Brewers a year or two back. They also got a soft-tossing but effecting AAA arm. I am surprised the Twins didnt get more. Seems like a low-risk, high-reward type move for Chicago. When he is on Liriano is really tough and they gave up a utility IF and an arm that doesnt look special at all. Liriano is a FA after this year so the Twins at least got something for him

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/8210504/chicago-white-sox-get-left-hander-francisco-liriano-minnesota-twins

Suprised they traded him in the division, and what an underwhelming haul, glad we didnt deal with the White Sox

I dont think it is too big of deal to trade FA to be within the division but the haul they got is what really surprised me. Now I know Liriano hasnt been consistent but over the last 2 months he had actually been really good. He had a terrible last start but other than that had an ERA in the 3's over the last 2 months or so.

Archived