Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-29 Nationals (Gonzalez) at Brewers (Rogers), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 11-10, 11 innings. Yes, it was the bullpen]

I disliked Ishikawa on the roster probably as much as anybody on this board but why Izturis and not Ishikawa here? I guess my dislike for Ishikawa is only superseded by my dislike for our manager.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As bad as the individuals in the bullpen have been I don't think the poor management of RRR can be overlooked. In this game alone he sent 2 guys back out for a second inning and they both ended up throwing over 30 pitches. That is setting them up for failure. There was no reason for Axford batting with runners on base. RRR's inability to manage the bullpen has been evident all year. I'm not saying he is the whole reason for the bullpen implosion but I think he has to take a majority of the blame.

Axford was fine, he just threw an 0-2 fastball right down the middle to Morse. Veras had a quick 10th inning before imploding in the 11th.

As for Roenicke deserving the majority of the blame for the bullpen woes, that's insane to believe that. Roenicke certainly has his faults, but everyone in that bullpen has been stinking up the joint for awhile now. It hasn't mattered who Roenicke brought in because each of these guys in the pen has been like throwing gas on a fire.

Hell, just look at the WHIP numbers for all of the guys in the bullpen, they all fill up the basepaths.

Axford was fine, he just threw an 0-2 fastball right down the middle to Morse. Veras had a quick 10th inning before imploding in the 11th.

I'd have to watch the AB again to check, but wasn't the fastball up and in? I thought I remembered Morse getting jammed AND swinging late, yet somehow muscling it over the fence. That was a heck of a hard luck homer.

TT to triple A....bringing up somebody else tomorrow

They want TT as a starter. That was one of 3 good things to take away from this game. Well 4 actually.

1. Rogers had a good start

2. Weeks is looking pretty good at the plate

3. Our offense scored 10 runs

4. The organization wants TT as a starter.(Why did they bring him up and stick him in the pen in the first place.)

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

It's silly really, our biggest asset last year is our biggest liability this year. We effectively turned baseball into 7 innings last year. I have no idea why Axford and K-Rod are performing so badly this year.

I agree TT needs to be a starter and needs to work on his pitches in Nashville until September.

I was very happy for Rogers today nice start and glad hr getting another start.

Hopefully he can be plugged into the 2013 rotation with Filers and YO.

I was there, and words can not describe my feelings when seeing this familiar show live and in person.

There is nothing that can be said that hasn't been said 1000 times before.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived