Brewer Fanatic

Discussing Segura, Hellweg, and Pena

adambr2
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm finding it very difficult to resist being hateful.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

You know, that a grown man would go to the little mermaid for inspiration...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

You know, that a grown man would go to the little mermaid for inspiration...

I don't know about TLB, but the Little Mermaid thing occurred to me right away too, because I have a five year-old daughter. I'm sure somebody else here can back me up on this: It's amazing how little my principled hatred for Disney princesses, fairies, My Little Pony, etc. matters when set against the realities of my day-to-day life. It's her world; I just work in it. For free.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Perhaps the most offbeat twisted detour of a minor league thread here in ages, but I will add that it was my pleasure to tell the Mrs. that "it's OK, I got this, you rest here on this bench" while proceeding to wait in line at Disney World with the daughter years ago to gawk at (excuse me, meet) Ariel.

Apparently several other dads in line near me had the same idea :).

And I thought my never ending battle to watch something other than Nemo or Bambi was bad... haha.

- Plato

- Plato

Perhaps the most offbeat twisted detour of a minor league thread here in ages, but I will add that it was my pleasure to tell the Mrs. that "it's OK, I got this, you rest here on this bench" while proceeding to wait in line at Disney World with the daughter years ago to gawk at (excuse me, meet) Ariel.

Apparently several other dads in line near me had the same idea :).

Hahaha... Guilty of the same thing myself...only it was Jasmine!

As far as nicknames go, saw some great ideas. None of them will matter though, because RR will call Segura "Seggy"

I'm finding it very difficult to resist being hateful.

Might now be a good idea...I'd hate to think you caused yourself to stroke out. I think it better to go with what comes natural for you.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

That McCalvy piece has probably the best discussion of Segura's future at ss that I've seen. He manages to summarize all the important factors, pro and con.

People have probably said this already, but "Johnny Hellweg" is an awesome name. Add to that the fact that the other guys in the trade are named Ariel and Jean, which are cool and unusual first names, and I think this may be the best name return in any Brewers trade I can remember.

My last name is Hellwig. Therefore, Johnny has become my all time favorite brewer prospect.

In four seasons, Jean Segura is the best shortstop I’ve scouted not named Jurickson Profar.

There's a whole heck of a lot more to the article, and not all of it is just gushing.

But yeah.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I have to believe he meant the best athlete playing the position, and not the best "SS", or at least that's how I took it.

- Plato

- Plato

I have to believe he meant the best athlete playing the position, and not the best "SS", or at least that's how I took it.

Well what he meant was that he only scouts the Sally League. At least that's how I took it.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived