Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee sports radio

torts

hey everyone, so I live far away, but i stream radio shows at work to help pass time. i live in pittsburgh, and im tired of listening to steelers and penn state on the radio all the time. you'd think with how great the pirates are playing they'd talk more baseball... but no, 19 years of losing has even kept the radio talk to a minimum... so heres my question... what stations in wisconsin should I check out? or what shows/times should I look into? for the last packers superbowl I listened to a couple different stations, but I cant seem to figure out which ones those were.

looking for anything Brewers/Packers related! thanks!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Torts:

I live over near Harrisburg, so I know the issue with all things Penn State and Steelers. Though we get a bleed in of Philly stuff, too. It's bad enough here; it has to be tons worse in either Pittsburgh or Philadelphia proper.

Lately I've been listening to the WSSP morning show (Chuck & Wickett) via the TuneIn Radio app. That gives some live Milwaukee sports coverage each weekday (7am-10am Eastern).

Other times, I listen to WAUK (ESPN Milwaukee) via the same app. When Jason Wilde is on, he usually has good coverage of the Packers. He has the weekday "Green and Gold Today" show that's on at 10am Eastern. There's a local afternoon show that runs from 4pm-7pm Eastern.

I'm sure others have ideas/opinions. Take mine for what it's worth.

The two main milwaukee sites:

WSSP - 1250

and

ESPN Milwaukee

WSSP: Brewers Postgame Show, Big Show (2-6 central), and sometimes Chuck and Wickett. Also Bucks Postgame is decent.

ESPN Milwaukee: All I do is listen to Green and Gold today, and podcast any of Jason Wilde's stuff.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Torts:

I live over near Harrisburg, so I know the issue with all things Penn State and Steelers. Though we get a bleed in of Philly stuff, too. It's bad enough here; it has to be tons worse in either Pittsburgh or Philadelphia proper.

Lately I've been listening to the WSSP morning show (Chuck & Wickett) via the TuneIn Radio app. That gives some live Milwaukee sports coverage each weekday (7am-10am Eastern).

Other times, I listen to WAUK (ESPN Milwaukee) via the same app. When Jason Wilde is on, he usually has good coverage of the Packers. He has the weekday "Green and Gold Today" show that's on at 10am Eastern. There's a local afternoon show that runs from 4pm-7pm Eastern.

I'm sure others have ideas/opinions. Take mine for what it's worth.

im a pens fan, so I love the NHL coverage that I can get, but the steeler/pitt/Penn state coverage here is obnoxious. The one station, 93.7 The Fan FM is so awful. they brought in some ringer from NYC to do their late morning/afternoon show during the week and I seriously want to smash the radio. the NY guy will try and play devils advocate with every possible situation, including the Penn State scandal. havent listened since December.

Thank you for the suggestions!!!! I use the TuneIn App, so thats perfect!

Thanks Baldkin, too!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Call me crazy, but while I've usually been a 540 guy, I've been listening to 1250 a lot lately. Chuck and Wickett are pretty decent, and I like to listen to some of the idiots who call and email the show. Bill Michaels is also a heck of a lot better on 1250 than when he was on 620 shilling Kinetico and the Good Feet Store every five minutes.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Chuck is brutal on 1250 and Gary is even worse in the afternoon. Sparky can be decent at times but he's been annoying me a lot lately. Can't stand the D-List and Thunder is annoying with Homer.

Chuck & Wickett is basically the Milwaukee sports version of Mike and Mike. Chuck gets shouty about stuff and Wickett chimes in as needed. It's not necessarily bad, but I wouldn't necessarily call it destination listening.

Most mornings I flip back and forth between that and Steve Czaban on Yahoo! Sports Radio. Czaban's a national show, but he's a little bit more in tune with midwest sports since he is the regular sports guy for 102.9 The Hog in Milwaukee at 8:05am every morning.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

For all of the local sports talk in Milwaukee it really should be better. Chuck and Wickett are the most entertaining, 1250 has a good Brewers post game, Wilde on 540 is the best Packers guy and Sparky knows the most about the Bucks.

Drew Olson on the DList, 540 seems to be the most level headed and sane radio guy. He isnt over the top or overly reactionary and I never get the feeling that he is taking a ridiculous position just to fan the flames. I remember back in the day Sparky on 1250 would rant about how awful Ben Sheets was and it really irked me.

I still listen to Rome out of Madison every day but stay away from most Milwaukee sports talk, minus the 1250 postgame show. Their Packer coverage is horrible since i can't stand Michaels or Ellerson. Probably staying for Wilde on 540 is the better way to go. The D list is a good show on 540 but it conflicts with Rome.

Czaben on 1029 from around 805-830 is the best Milwaukee has to offer as far as sportstalk.

Archived