Brewer Fanatic

What would your reaction be to this rotation for August and September?

molitor fan
If it's going to be one only one more rookie, I rather see Burgos than Rogers or Peralta. I don't know what the plan is for Rogers this year, but I don't imagine he has a lot of innings left. Peralta has been up and down, and may benefit from jsut staying clear of MLB until Spring Training.

pretty sure a september call up is the only option for rogers at this moment anyways.

Only Milwaukee would bring up Tyler Thornburg, their most successful pitching prospect, and let him rot in the bullpen while at the same time keeping Mark Rogers in the AAA rotation. I like Rogers as much as anyone but it's looking like his best shot in the majors is as a reliever. To me, it would make much more sense to put Rogers in the bullpen and give Thornburg his starts in Nashville.

pretty sure a september call up is the only option for rogers at this moment anyways.

Only Milwaukee would bring up Tyler Thornburg, their most successful pitching prospect, and let him rot in the bullpen while at the same time keeping Mark Rogers in the AAA rotation. I like Rogers as much as anyone but it's looking like his best shot in the majors is as a reliever. To me, it would make much more sense to put Rogers in the bullpen and give Thornburg his starts in Nashville.

yeah, i dont like what they did with thornburg... they should have left him in AAA and not rushed him to the brewers and just worked on 2013 for him in the MLB. theyve got a number of arms they could have brought up, peralta, rogers are the ones we know, but they COULD have called up Vargas or McClung (thank god that didnt happen) for a spot start or long reliever situation...

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Adam McCalvy of MLB.com writes that Shaun Marcum's bullpen session Friday "did not go well."

Uh-oh. There was optimism after Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said Marcum's bullpen session on Tuesday went "really good," but he didn't feel so great Friday. It's not clear how they'll proceed, but Marco Estrada figures to keep his rotation spot for a while. Marcum hasn't pitched since June 14 due to right elbow tightness.

Source: Adam McCalvy on Twitter

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

If he pitches very little the rest of the year, I bet we get him back on a 1 year deal, possibly 2.

If he heals properly, him getting hurt may just in fact be the best thing that could have happend for us,.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Marcum

Fiers

Peralta

Rogers

Thornburg?

That's from molly fan's lead post. It's not looking too unlikely at this point, and frankly that's probably a better rotation right now than Yo-Estrada-Wolf-Fiers-Rogers

EDIT: Whoops! I missed that the first pitcher mentioned in molly fan's lead post was Marcum & not Yo... guess my brain just told me Yo was first there without actually confirming it! :embarrassed

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

6-Man rotation to keep everyone's innings down

Gallardo

Fiers (Burgos when Fiers maxes his innings out)

Estrada

Peralta

Rogers

Thornburg

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived