Brewer Fanatic

Time to trade Gallardo?

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way he's looked since coming off the DL confirms to me that the "old" Gallardo's still around or at least not totally gone. That being true and at his relative "deal" of a salary, I wouldn't want to see him traded. This type of pitching is why we locked him in.

I'd also been wondering if he just needed a bit of a break to help him find his old form (though I don't expect quite the same for Weeks when he returns).

• 2 weeks later...
I think the WBC hurt Gallardo. It also hurt Hiram Burgos. I never was one that believed that pitching a few innings early like that would have that big of an effect but clearly these guys get geared up mentally for it and that affects their preparation for the season. Neither transitioned properly. Gallardo clearly needed a mental break. Once he got it, it's made a world of difference.

I'm curious if people would have accepted the Matt Garza package for YO. C.J. Edwards, Neil Ramirez, Mike Olt and Justin Grimm. Edwards looks to be the best of the bunch and is having a fantastic season in A ball. But he's a long ways away and needs to put on weight. Ramirez is putting up, I'd say, average numbers as a 24 year old in AA. Olt has huge power potential but is struggling big time. Is this year an anomaly or is he just not that good of a player? Grimm seems like more of a throw at this point as he has had zero major league success.

Archived