Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy off DL, Kottaras Designated, Bianchi Down, Henderson Up

splitterpfj
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"He is a fringe MLB player at best"

Based on what?

He has zero power. It is pretty hard to bat over 350, but still put up an OPS under 800. He has hit 3 HR in his last 700 something at bats. He is just another Izturis or Ransom. His 300 average in AAA will translate into a 270 average in the MLB, and I forgot to mention he has NO POWER at all. Best case he bats 300 the rest of the way, but he is not a big league SS by any means. Neat little story this year yes, but nothing to really care about.

Tony Campana put up better numbers in AAA than Bianchi, and that guy is worthless.

"He is a fringe MLB player at best"

Based on what?

His 300 average in AAA will translate into a 270 average in the MLB, and I forgot to mention he has NO POWER at all.

That's 50-70 points higher than what junk we are currently putting out there and pretty much equal on the power.

I wouldn't be this irate about the situation if we had any inkling of a major league SS already, but we clearly don't. So why not give the guy that has already shown he can perform in AAA a shot? If he fails, so what? At least then we know.

We had that arm pitching in Triple A when Dillard and Mclendon were getting banged around up here......

Meh, who needs a guy out of the pen who can paint the corners with a 95-97 MPH fastball.

I can see why Melvin stuck with KRod, Veras, and all the other assorted trash. Hard to dump guys and have to eat the salary. I get that. But there's no resaon Henderson couldn't have been brought up a couple months ago. And moving forward, there's no excuse not to bring up Stetter, Sanchez, and Kintzler. Or anyone else not named Loe, Veras, or Krod.

KNowing absolutely nothing about Henderson's stuff I was expecting some soft tosser. I figured a guy throwing 95 with a solid ERA would have been up a long time ago and well before Dillard, Perez, McClendon, Etc. I too am baffled how this guy stayed in AAA so long. Maybe he doesn't work out but that one inning of his was arguably more impressive than any inning from one of our fringe bullpen guys all year.

KNowing absolutely nothing about Henderson's stuff I was expecting some soft tosser. I figured a guy throwing 95 with a solid ERA would have been up a long time ago and well before Dillard, Perez, McClendon, Etc. I too am baffled how this guy stayed in AAA so long. Maybe he doesn't work out but that one inning of his was arguably more impressive than any inning from one of our fringe bullpen guys all year.

you weren't impressed by dillard and his 'chops?!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I agree. I'm not sure how he was behind Mclendon and Chulk on the depth chart. There must be something about him they dont' like.

So why not give the guy that has already shown he can perform in AAA a shot? If he fails, so what? At least then we know.

51 games and a 174 ab's is hardly showing anything at any level. If it did show anything it is that he is borderline major league material. He had an OPS of .729 in AAA. Ransom, by comparison had an OPS of 1.034 in 101 games and 394 AB's last season in AAA.

Yea, what they didn't like is that Henderson wasn't in the master plan. Doug and RR have a hard time adjusting when a player at the MLB or MiLB level is severaly underforming or overperforming.

Maybe they want more than a couple good months to decide if it is real or not. Dude is 29 and put up and ERA of 5.93 and 23 walks to 30 k's last season in AAA. His 2010 AA numbers weren't all that good either. Exactly how fast is someone supposed to adjust with a player such as that? Is 4 months of good baseball too long after a couple years like that? That's all the longer it took.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

So why not give the guy that has already shown he can perform in AAA a shot? If he fails, so what? At least then we know.

51 games and a 174 ab's is hardly showing anything at any level. If it did show anything it is that he is borderline major league material. He had an OPS of .729 in AAA. Ransom, by comparison had an OPS of 1.034 in 101 games and 394 AB's last season in AAA.

It seems like everyone that makes this point is completely misinterpreting what I am trying to say. Ransom and Izturis are proven MLB players. They have proven that they suck. We know they suck. We know that they offer no value to the team now and will not be with the team in 2013 (god I hope). Bianchi is a guy that has at least hit for average in AAA. I know he has no pop, but his ability to get on base could be an asset as a 2 hitter, or even an ability to take walks as an 8 hitter. The thing about him is we don't know if he is that kind of player. He may be just as bad and possibly even worse than Ransom or Izturis, but now would be the time to find out. The season is over and we have no real SS prospect that he would be blocking. It makes ZERO sense to play out the rest of the season with old, bad players when you have a chance to play a young player that could play a role as a backup next season.

Archived