Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy off DL, Kottaras Designated, Bianchi Down, Henderson Up

splitterpfj

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to say I'm a little alarmed by his .55 GO/AO ratio and the fact that he averages 4 BB per 9 innings. Can't have too high of expectations, but it's still nice to see a change made. He definitely does deserve the shot at least. Can't be worse than anyone we currently have.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

It would be funny if it didn't make sense...but it does make sense.

It still would be funny. Wolf would take his personal catcher with him to a new team after most argued that it made no sense for him to have one here. Maybe Kottaras is destined to catch Wolf until Wolf's career is over.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

they're not going to release k-rod. there are many other players they can DFA or send to the minors before releasing k-rod. like bianchi, for one.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

they're not going to release k-rod. there are many other players they can DFA or send to the minors before releasing k-rod. like bianchi, for one.

Keeping him around for 2 months serves what purpose exactly? Sure they could release Parra too. I won't argue that there's other guys they could release, but the rest of this season needs to be about making decisions for 2013 and beyond. What they are going to keep running K-Rod out there in some hope that he'll recover enough form to get something back in a waiver deal? You don't put your fans through that.

Keeping him around for 2 months serves what purpose exactly? Sure they could release Parra too. I won't argue that there's other guys they could release, but the rest of this season needs to be about making decisions for 2013 and beyond. What they are going to keep running K-Rod out there in some hope that he'll recover enough form to get something back in a waiver deal? You don't put your fans through that.

I know I won't be able to sleep at night, knowing I may have to watch KRod pitch for the Brewers for another month. End the madness!

At what point do they have to announce something? Given everything going on, it would make sense that a trade is in the works, but shouldn't the Brewers need to announce the move soon? A Greinke trade for prospects who would go to the minors with Thornburg shifting to the rotation and Henderson taking Thornburg's bullpen spot would seem to make sense.

We'll also need to make room for Lucroy today, but that's probably for a different thread.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

If they're going to release anyone, they should start with Izturis. Period.

As far as K-Rod goes, there is still a small chance that he pitches somewhat ok for a month and we can do a waiver wire trade for some low level prospect. Releasing him at this point seems like a mistake to me.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I am happy for Henderson, and hope he does well, but I must temper my enthusiasm due to the fact the guy is 29 years old, and his career stats are all over the board. Career minor league guys getting a shot at the bigs are great stories, but they usually don't end up being very good. There's usually a reason no one has brought them up to the show.

Again, that doesn't mean Henderson can't be the exception to the rule. I hope he does awesome.

If anything, his addition should be the start of some needed changes.

Let's see how Henderson does over the next couple of months, and understand if he might have a future with the Crew.

Exactly. I have no expectations for Henderson, other than he be givena chance. And that goes for any combination of Sanchez, Wooten, Kintzler, Stetter, or anyone else I'm forgetting.

May be an extreme move, but I would DFA the entire bullpen other than Axford the day after the trade deadline. See if you can move any of them in the next few days, otherwise gut the pen, and see who may be a keeper for the 2013 season.

That's what you need to do with a bad season, take advantage of it by giving others players ytou wouldn't normally play have opportunities, and see what pieces may fit for next year.

Can't hurt to give Henderson a shot, although he does appear to have walk issues...

We will see, as he also strikes out a free.

Interesting though that they haven't announced anything yet, even if it's just a DFA. This means they have 2 roster moves coming today in some form or another. Trade is not out of the realm of possibility...

Archived