Brewer Fanatic

Knobler reports Brewers are ready to sell, as early as today

torts
Friers, LuCroY, Kotteris... who else are we missing ;) Maldanado?

Palsmo.

WOAH

I think that I can spell Greinke at least three different ways in the same post. 'I before E' my foot.

Heh. In all honesty, the way I've remembered how to spell his first name is that it ends with a "K", not h.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that I can spell Greinke at least three different ways in the same post. 'I before E' my foot.

Greinke is easy for me to spell because my last name also breaks the "I before E except after C" rule.

Greinke is easy for me to spell because my last name also breaks the "I before E except after C" rule.

I was going to coin a new spelling rule, "I before E, except after C and in the last names of starting pitchers", then I started typing Feirs all the time....

I think the best thing for Gamel is to put him in a platoon situation next year. Hart would be the regular 1B and Gamel would back him up. Matt then gets into a significant number of games as the RF against RH pitching splitting time with Aoki in RF. I'm expecting Morgan to be gone (well hoping) and I'd have Schafer and Gomez platooning in CF. If Matt gets enough experience in RF, he can backup 1B, 3B and the OF.

I like the idea of trying to move Gamel to RF, but I don't know that he can do that at the major league level in one spring training coming back from knee surgery. I think they have a pretty good platoon going right now:

Against LHP: 1B - Hart, RF - Aoki, CF - Gomez

Against RHP: 1B - Gamel, RF - Hart, CF - Aoki

Given that 70% of pitchers are RH, Gamel will get the majority of ABs at 1B with Hart as his platoon partner, and gives Hart a little rest not having to run around in RF every game.

Gamel's days as a Brewer are done. I dont see him in the plans going forward with Corey Hart seemingly entrenched as the new 1b.

He's still cost controlled on the cheap. Why not let him be a guy off the bench who can fill in at the corners?

Gamel's days as a Brewer are done. I dont see him in the plans going forward with Corey Hart seemingly entrenched as the new 1b.

Did Hart's contract get extended and no one told me? Hart is only under contract through 2013. We have Gamel for, what, 4-5 more years?

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Did Hart's contract get extended and no one told me? Hart is only under contract through 2013. We have Gamel for, what, 4-5 more years?

yeah, no one told you, or even Hart for that matter. he was extended to 2018 for $1,028,434, total. took one hell of a discount.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I may be in the minority, but I have a hard time realistically expecting Gamel to be a major contributor on this team anymore. I hope I am wrong, but sometimes the stars just don't align right for a guy, and Gamel is pretty much at that point, in my eyes at least.

I don't think its fair to write off Gamel after a fluke knee injury. He is still young and cheap and will probably be a back up corner IF/OF if not a starter next season. He would be better to have around than Ishikawa who currently fills that role.

Archived