Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-25 Brewers (Estrada) at Phillies (Worley), 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6, 10 innings. No, seriously.]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
K-Rod needs a new nickname. Suggestions are welcome.

DFA-Rod

BB-Rod

Francisco Turnbow

This one made me chuckle. After losses like today, these in-game threads are ripe with great, sarcastic comments.

So glad they rushed to extend RR's contract. Seriously, what was the big hurry? This team is a joke right now. 467 blown saves this year, guys don't know how many outs there are half the time, or the count. Runners getting thrown out on the basepaths constantly. Just pathetic.

Absolutely no reason for Krod, Veras, Parra, or Loe to be on this team after 7/31. See if you can find a sucker for any of them then DFA the whole lot. Not only would that be making a statement, it's the right thing to do. Let Henderson, Sanchez, Kintzler... guys like that come up and pitch for a couple months. Why not? It's all about 2013 right now.

Just saw the brewers sac fly in the 10th, Braun did not retouch 2nd base. Im not 100% sure the run would have scored if they would have appealed. Its best that didnt come up since loses 3 straight 6-7 is better than a couple of those and a 5-6.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Like others have said I am so happy these games mean nothing or this wouldn't be as funny as it is. Has there been a more horrible bulpen in the MLB over the last decade?

Our best reliever is Loe and his sparkling 4.04 ERA. Brewers will have the worst team ERA from the 7th inning on after today. They were just ahead of the Mets as of yesterday.

Just saw the brewers sac fly in the 10th, Braun did not retouch 2nd base. Im not 100% sure the run would have scored if they would have appealed. Its best that didnt come up since loses 3 straight 6-7 is better than a couple of those and a 5-6.

The run counts as long as it scores before Braun is put out. If he didn't touch second or didn't get back to first time both are not force outs and the run counts.

The run counts as long as it scores before Braun is put out. If he didn't touch second or didn't get back to first time both are not force outs and the run counts.

Thats what I think too except for one scenario: R1, R3 1 out. R1 running on pitch, ball hit to gap, runners assume it will drop but its a amazing catch. When caught R1 is heading to 3rd and R3 is heading back to 3rd to tag up. R1 bypasses 2nd and goes directly back to first and just beats the throw to double him up, the throw would have been the 3rd out if R1 had to retouch 2nd but since he didnt he was safe. After this play at 1st R3 legally scores. Defense appeals R1 not retouching the bases in order and he is out, would the run still count?

At least there's a good chance that he won't be able to misuse him next year.

I wouldn't count on that. If he hasn't learned by now, I don't think he ever will.

Why are you mad at Roenicke? It looks we have a consensus that it's not about winning games anymore. It's about seeing what you've got. Hey I wonder if Maldonado is good at bunting. Let's find out here.

I couldn't care less if a player can bunt or not. I want to see what the guy cvan do. That means letting him hit.

Yea, he often was in all kinds of trouble last year, he just managed to consistently weasel out of it. That's hard to do. Any last inning reliever who puts to many guys on base will usually end up paying for it.

He is referred to as TPoT on another forum. I believe it means Twenty Pitches of Terror.

I was a little unsure about Axford and K-Rod at the beginning of the season. They both seemed to lack clean innings last year. Of course most relievers probably don't have to many clean innings so that is probably another one of those things people always say about their own players.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Time to institute some radical changes....all starting pitchers go 9 innings no matter what the score or pitch count. Bullpen is only used in extra innings to insure the games don't go on for too long.

lol I have been saying that for at least 3 weeks.

Archived