Brewer Fanatic

Hanley Ramirez/Randy Choate to Dodgers - Nathan Eovaldi/prospect to Marlins

PKBadger

Han Ram would have looked really good at shortstop, and in front of Braun in the lineup. Too bad we don't have a pitcher that we could have traded to the Marlins.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Han Ram would have looked really good at shortstop, and in front of Braun in the lineup. Too bad we don't have a pitcher that we could have traded to the Marlins.

This was a "blow it up" move, i seriously doubt they would have taken Grienke, and we would have to pay all of Han Ram's salary. Unless you think a Thornburg or Fiers would have gotten the job done.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

This was a "blow it up" move, i seriously doubt they would have taken Grienke, and we would have to pay all of Han Ram's salary. Unless you think a Thornburg or Fiers would have gotten the job done.

Yeah, they were looking for a young SP. I don't know how our guys compare with Eovaldi, as he's already pitching effectively in the majors and has better "stuff" than most of our guys. If Peralta had made a few good starts at the MLB level, he may be comparable, but probably not as highly rated. Something like Peralta and Thornburg might have been tempting for Miami, but would we want to give up more of our farm (and two pitchers who we're counting on over the next few years) for another high-priced vet... even one as good as Hanley? We'd then have to find our pitching on the FA market, and I don't think we'd have the money to add Hanley and some FA SP.

Unless the Dodgers are really going all out, and are going to dump Gordan, this effectively ends the speculation of Ramirez to the Dodgers. Of course, I'd be happy if we could trade them Ramirez for Gordan and they could have Hanley at SS and Aramis at 3B... that would give them a potent offense from the left side of the infield and solve our SS problem for a long time... probably won't happen.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Eovaldi made his debut in 2011.

This move was almost certainly sparked by the Marlins announcing that they wanted to get rid of Hanley more than anything. He is such a club house distraction that they were tired of him and just wanted to dump him. This was more about the Marlins and less about the Dodgers.

The sell off the Marlins are doing right now is really incredible. After spending so much on Reyes, Buehrle, and Bell in the offseason and opening a new stadium it really is amazing that they are blowing up the team so quickly. They have a good team I just don't understand there logic in this. They just have some players having bad years (Sound familar).

The sell off the Marlins are doing right now is really incredible. After spending so much on Reyes, Buehrle, and Bell in the offseason and opening a new stadium it really is amazing that they are blowing up the team so quickly. They have a good team I just don't understand there logic in this. They just have some players having bad years (Sound familar).

Clubhouse cancer pretty much. Infante was not part of their future. Sanchez was walking at the end of the year. Ramirez is bad for the team outside of his production. It makes sense to me.

Archived