Brewer Fanatic

Marlins trade Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante to Tigers for Jacob Turner

I suppose we can use this thread.

While it eliminates another suiter; it also raise the price for Grienke even more. The asking price has to be about a Top #30 prospect now if the Tigers gave up Turner for Anibal Sanchez. Omar Infante doesn't count for anything. We would have a bunch of pieces equivalent to Infante if we wanted to make a trade

I would have been very happy with this haul for Greinke.

I wonder if this is comparable since getting Infante was huge for the Tigers. Apparently 2B was their biggest need on offense and Infante is pretty good year. Sanchez is no Greinke but it is a nice haul for Detroit.

I wonder if this is comparable since getting Infante was huge for the Tigers. Apparently 2B was their biggest need on offense and Infante is pretty good year. Sanchez is no Greinke but it is a nice haul for Detroit.

Edit - missed that Florida got a couple other prospects as well. Nice move by them.

I was hoping we'd do a Rickie and Grienke deal with the Tigers with the hope that reuniting Prince and Rickie would get him out of his slump. It would've been an absurd deal, but would've made teh Tigers a fun team to watch.
Formerly Andersoc420

Community Moderator

I agree, I believe Turner will end up being very good. He held his own yesterday against the White Sox and he is still very young (just turned 21 in May).

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Bottom line though is Tigers got the players they wanted in Sanchez and Infante. Tigers didn't want Weeks and his big contract. So even if they offered Greinke and Weeks, that wasn't going to get the return the Marlins got. Infante is a far better player than Weeks right now, only a year older, and a lot cheaper. Plus he's an ex-Tiger.

Maybe the Brewers should be talking to the Marlins now about dealing them Weeks.

Weeks for Ramirez would be interesting.

Honestly, why would the Marlins do that deal though?

Yeah, if Melvin pulled that off, we should build him a shrine.

Regarding the trades going through, teams are seemingly putting a rest to the "young pitching prospects are never traded" and "no one is going to give up anything for a rental" arguements.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

If Weeks was currently playing like he was pre-injury last season, he still wouldn't get Hanley Ramirez straight up. Hanley's value is down, but in the past he has been mentioned as one of if not the best player in the game. I would guess that if the Marlins do trade him, it will be for a package of young, cost-controlled players who are really, really good.

That said, if Melvin could somehow make it happen, we would certainly have our SS situation settled in a big way.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Blue Jays are trying to get Josh Johnson now, Miami is apparently trying to get rid of every bit of talent not named Reyes

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I read on MLBtraderumors that Johnson was not going anywhere. Of course, that could be GM posturing to raise his value.

~Bill Walsh

Archived