Brewer Fanatic

First Live Music Show

jjgott
Billy Joel and Elton John at County Stadium with my parents. I couldn't tell you the date, and I didn't really want to go at the time.

94?

That sounds about right. Looking at Wikipedia, thats the year they have too. Thanks.

I had been to a few smaller shows before, but my first big concert experience was Blink-182.

My condolences...

:tongue

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

My first concert is still extremely embarrassing, my mother dragged the rest of the family to John Denver sometime in the late 80s, and he was just terrible. He was so bad that my dad wanted to leave and save us from the misery about half way through but my mom was having none of that. I was so embarrassed about "John Denver" I'm sure I never even told any of my friends that we were going or had went, I was way into the 80s hair band scene at the time.

The first stadium show/concert that I paid to go see was Metallica at the Target Center when I was living in the twin cities which set my bar way too high sometime in the mid 90s (95-97). I thought every subsequent band was going to play with that kind of intensity and energy...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Nine Inch Nails, Downward Spiral tour at the MECCA in 1995. Just turned 15. It was a great show. Was never a fan of Reznor's later music but at the time I really liked the Downward Spiral.

I remember a really impressive audio/video mix, and just a crazy vibe in the place.

Archived