Brewer Fanatic

First Live Music Show

jjgott
Just wanted to see what everyone's first live music show was? My first show was quite embarrassing: Doobie Brothers at Summerfest. I will also confess I genuinely thought Doobie was someone's last name.

Huey Lewis and the News at Alpine Valley. Mid-to-late 80s.

My sister was a Huey maniac (still is) and she got tickets (her 4th Huey concert or so.) My mom made me go with them.

It wasn't bad but I wasn't really into them at that time. Now I kind of have to like them by default or my sister might shoot me.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Wolfmother in Green Bay in 2006 I think it was. Only concert I've ever been to as well.

We were a few feet from the stage and my favorite part was probably the old guy (60's maybe) who was standing in front of us who looked like he was having a better time than almost everyone else.

The old Park Avenue disco/nightclub was the site for some small concerts back in the day, and I saw Spyro Gyra there sometime either in 1979 or 1980. I wasn't 18 yet, though that didn't seem to matter, as it was a ticketed event. I think it was assigned seating, but I'm not sure how they did it in a non-theater setting.

Just wanted to see what everyone's first live music show was? My first show was quite embarrassing: Doobie Brothers at Summerfest. I will also confess I genuinely thought Doobie was someone's last name.

What's embarrassing about that? Pre Michael McDonald, the Doobs were a good band. If it was during the Michael McDonald era I hope and pray that the scars will heal at some point and allow you to live a full and normal life.

My first live show was Trapeze, in 1975 at the Overton Park Shell in Memphis TN. Also saw KISS for the first time at the Memphis & Mid South Coliseum later in the year.

The following year and at the same venue, I saw KISS again as well as the best concert ever in the history of everything ever: UFO, Golden Earring and Blue Oyster Cult. The evening ended with all 3 bands on stage, where they did about a 20 minute rendition of "Godzilla."

The aforementioned Trapeze show was recorded for a live album entitled "You Are The Music, We Are Just The Band." My picture appeared on the album cover (along with tens of thousands of other people).

REO Speedwagon at the "MECCA" March 30, 1981. Same day Ronald Regan was shot.

Also, why all the hate for Michael McDonald and/or the Doobie Brothers?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

What's embarrassing about that? Pre Michael McDonald, the Doobs were a good band. If it was during the Michael McDonald era I hope and pray that the scars will heal at some point and allow you to live a full and normal life.

It was 2001, so they had an imitation Michael McDonald. I like the Doobie Brothers, just thought it was kind of weird for a first show I guess.

It was 2001, so they had an imitation Michael McDonald. I like the Doobie Brothers, just thought it was kind of weird for a first show I guess.

Somewhere around 87 or 88.... at Alpine Valley, my parents took me to see the Grateful Dead.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Embarrassing:

1st show with friends (roughly 1989) - Warrant & Poison at MECCA

I see nothing embarrassing about that, especially in 1989. I saw Poison open for KISS in 04 I believe.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Embarrassing:

1st show with friends (roughly 1989) - Warrant & Poison at MECCA

I see nothing embarrassing about that, especially in 1989.

Yeah, nothing to be embarrassed about at all...

Say what you want about the 80's metal bands, they had a good time, and as fans, we had a good time listening to them. I am biased though, that music provided a soundtrack to my high school and college life, so I am forever in tune with that stuff...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I was told that I was at a '84 Ratt/Motley Crue show while in my mother's womb. But, the first show that I remember was '96 KISS reunion at the Bradley Center.

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

I truly think that all of you (myself included) who got to see KISS as your first concert experience have been blessed.

There really is no better live band in the world!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived