Brewer Fanatic

Do it yourself.... What would you do?

chad25
I think we need to bring in a reliable RP(like how the Reds traded for Marshal last year). I'm all for going with young guys too but we need one reliable RP to go with what hopefully is a rebound from Axford. I'd probably be looking to trade Hart and let Aoki play full time next year. We still have a largely playoff capable roster so I wouldn't be going too crazy with the roster. If Marcum isn't back I'd look at a FA established starter as well since we need more than just Gallardo at the top end.

I have a whole novel I would like to write soon, but don't have the time at the moment. So, as breifly as possible I would do this for 2013:

Rotation:

Gallardo

Fiers

Rogers

Peralta

Burgos

Pen:

Estrada

Axford

Henderson

Sanchez

Kintzler

Stetter

Pena

(Would not spend money on Marcum, Loe, etc. Thornburg will be first option to join the roatation, but still needs some fine-tuning. Moreso than Rogers, Peralta, and Burgos at least)

Aoki (RF/CF)

Lucroy ©

Braun (LF)

Ramirez (3B) Although I would try to move him in the off-season

Hart (1B) Would try to trade him if I can't trade ARam

Weeks (2B)

Segura (SS) Maybe not on opening day, too early to tell

Gomez (CF)

Bench:

Gamel (1B,3B,RF)

Maldonado ©

Khris Davis, Schaefer, or Gindl (OF) Open competition in Spring Training.

Backup SS

5th guy on bench, open

I think the Brewers are going to trade 1 player this offseason but it wouldn't surprise me if multiple guys get traded. I think Hart, Weeks, and Ramirez are the obvious ones but Maldonado, Gamel, Gindl and Green could be expendable and of trade value. Maybe not Gamel so much because coming off an injury...... On a side note, I've always liked Caleb Gindl and thought he had a future in Milwaukee. I think he's really fallen off everyone's radar with the emergence of Schafer and both of the Davis's. But the guys only 23 so time is on his side. If he can't make it here, I'd like to see us trade him so he gets a chance somewhere else.

Archived