Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-16 Cardinals (Lynn) at Brewers (Fiers), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have no shot at the wild card with Axford as our closer, he no longer has it, it's gone...

Shades of Turnbow...

As I type this, now he loses the lead.

He needs to be removed from the closer's role, NOW!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'd rather just have crappy starters any day than a terrible bullpen. Sick of our guts being ripped out by that stupid Canadian.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Community Moderator
There's really nobody to blame for this except Axford himself. There aren't any magic replacements coming and he's going to be pitching in important innings no matter what, even if it's not in the 9th. We need him.

I'd rather just have crappy starters any day than a terrible bullpen. Sick of our guts being ripped out by that stupid Canadian.

Come on, man. It's one thing to be upset by his poor pitching, but you don't have to resort to personal attacks.

Ax certainly hasn't looked good. But he should have been out of the inning

He also should have been removed with bases loaded. Why leave him in, it was clear he didn't have it tonight, let someone else try not to blow it.

I agree, K-Rod has sucked too, but maybe a change in his role would pump him up and allow him to right the ship as closer? Hell, he records a couple of saves before the deadline and he might bring something back in a trade.....or not.

Axford may as well give Greinke a ride to the airport after that performance so he can wait there until he's dealt...what was shaping up to be a night where the Brewers would make up ground on everyone in the division, he pretty much reminds us all exactly why the Brewers are 4 games under 0.500 right now.

There's really nobody to blame for this except Axford himself. There aren't any magic replacements coming and he's going to be pitching in important innings no matter what, even if it's not in the 9th. We need him.

I'm watching w the sound off (so i havent heard any discussion), but if Ramirez fields that ball cleanly did he have a play? Seemed like he would have to me, but I could very well be wrong.

Either way, still plenty of blame for ax. No excuse to walk Schumacher after

i think it's safe to say that Axford officially just lost his job at closer for the Milwaukee Brewers. Looks like it's K-Rod time.

With any other manager, I'd agree with you, but in this case, I think "Axy" keeps his job...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Axford has blown it in the ninth time after time after time this year, and Roenicke keeps going back to him. And he keeps blowing it time and time again.

I am really ticked. 2-0 going into the ninth, and now we have to score to avoid the loss. Fiers deserves better!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Let's not kid ourselves. Someone in the front row sneezes, Holliday is a billionth of a second later on that fastball, and it goes straight to Hart. Game over. It's not like Axford got shelled. He literally could not throw a strike. It's fixable.

Archived