Brewer Fanatic

Greinke scratched Wednesday

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah, should have looked here first. I've posted the tweet in the Shopping Greinke thread as well. Time will tell, I guess. Though dangit, today is not a day when I have a lot of time to monitor the internets. (first world problem)
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

This doesn't add up to me. All they've been talking about is how important this stretch is. If he just needed some rest, why not wait until after this stretch? I'm guessing the baseball gods hate us and he's hurt.

"Recharging batteries" isn't always strictly a physical phenomenon. If he is as reliant on routine as some past reports have indicated, the recent disruption might have messed him up some. This is 100 percent speculation on my part, backed up a bit by my experiences with my own anxiety disorder (which I suspect is less severe than Zack's).
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

This isn't a big deal. Just give him a little extra rest, so he isn't fatigued going into his next start. Start him in the big series against the Reds well rested, and so he looks good for scouts in case we need to trade him. The Cardinals are playing bad right now, so hopefully we can get by this series without him. There's nothing official saying that he's not scheduled against the Reds yet. People are just saying that because the Brewers haven't announced anything yet, so the probable pitchers haven't changed. I'm guessing Roenicke will say which day he'll pitch later today.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Supposedly other teams are worrying about his performance which may make them disinclined to trade for him.

Could be, but skipping a home game against the Cards which is during the day (shadows giving the pitchers a big advantage), so he can pitch a road game in the bandbox in Cincinnati against a better offense doesn't seem like a good plan.

This also adds to my skepticism to the idea of "offering a blank check" and "backing up the Brinks truck" to get Greinke signed. He's good, but not good enough to risk the financial future of the franchise. I just hope this isn't an injury... it'd really stink if both Greinke and Marcum are untradeable due to injuries.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

This can't be good...

per McCalvy: "The Brewers bumped right-hander Zack Greinke from a scheduled start against the Cardinals on Wednesday, and he will not pitch in the club's subsequent series in Cincinnati, a club spokesperson said Monday."

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120716&content_id=35023708&vkey=news_mil&c_id=mil

Yay. Sure glad we waited for this nine-game stretch before deciding to sell. I believe the arguement was "what could possibly be wrong with waiting another couple of weeks before giving up on the season?"

Just let Roenicke start our biggest trade chip three games in a row and see if he can blow his arm out... all in the wild dream that this isn't a lost season.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

If its a trade I sure hope we get some good ballplayers in return.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived