Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-15 Pirates (Burnett) at Brewers (Gallardo), 1:10 PM CDT [Bianchi's first MLB start, Brewers win, 4-1 - Gallardo 14Ks]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/pirates.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 15 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Pirates (49-38) | Brewers (41-46)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/pirates/burnett-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/gallardo-18.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]10-2, 3.68 ERA, 1.30 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]After taking losses in two of his first three starts, Burnett won nine of his last 12 decisions heading into the break. He hasn't lost since May 2, which is also the last time he failed to go at least five innings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]7-6, 3.74 ERA, 1.38 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Pirates | Game Log[/h3][h3]Gallardo capped the first half with six consecutive quality starts, a run that dropped his ERA from 4.50 to 3.74. The Brewers have won his last three starts at Miller Park.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. LF Drew Sutton
  2. 2B Neil Walker
  3. CF Andrew McCutchen
  4. RF Garrett Jones
  5. 1B Casey McGehee
  6. 3B Pedro Alvarez
  7. C Rod Barajas
  8. SS Jordy Mercer
  9. P A.J. Burnett

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. CF Nyjer Morgan
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Corey Hart
  6. 2B Rickie Weeks
  7. C Martin Maldonado
  8. SS Jeff Bianchi
  9. P Yovani Gallardo

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Must win game I'd think. Not that they all aren't but dropping 2 of 3 at home against the team we have to catch would definitely (not like there hasn't been enough already) be an indicator to start moving our pieces for our future.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

These are the situations that hold ya back. Put a ball in play. My god.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Is Sheets on a one year? Maybe he's our vet pick up in the off season. Sure would be fun to have him again, healthy.

Sheets pops up a bunt with 1st and 2d 0 out in 0-0 game. That's the part I don't miss at all. Now a double only plates 1 ansd you have to worry about a productive out to get the guy in from 3d instead of focusing on the hit to get the guy in from 2d.

Sheets pops up a bunt with 1st and 2d 0 out in 0-0 game. That's the part I don't miss at all. Now a double only plates 1 ansd you have to worry about a productive out to get the guy in from 3d instead of focusing on the hit to get the guy in from 2d.

dude...

:indifferent

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

dude...

:indifferent

Yeah Santana is melting down so it doesn't matter. But like I said I remember a lot of times it cost him.

Anybody know what Rickie's wearing on his left hand?

It's some kind of protective brace, not really sure. He's been wearing it for a long time now... iirc he was wearing it last season too.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived