Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-14 Pirates (Correia) at Brewers (Estrada), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

1992casey
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jerry Garcia bugs me.

Yea, if he's going to be on tv a couple hundred times a year, he may want to look into a dentist appt.

Two things about that most recent tailgate tip:

1. Wow, for once Jerry prepared something not involving brats.

2. Have his teeth always been like that? Obviously I don't pay that much attention. Man oh man.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Thornburg reminds me of Ben Hendrickson...nice curve, but a straight, flat fastball.

Thornburg's changeup is his featured secondary pitch. And I don't think we're watching the same FB if you're categorizing him as having a straight & flat FB. When he makes a mistake with it? Yeah, sure. But not when it's working well.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Community Moderator

I do recognize his potential but at least at this point he's having trouble getting outs with his fastball. Still too early to draw any conclusions.

Too bad they couldn't get Ryan Braun up one more time.

Not to mention that TT hits 94/95 and Hendrickson topped out around 88-89 IIRC.

Thornburg reminds me of Ben Hendrickson...nice curve, but a straight, flat fastball.

Thornburg's changeup is his featured secondary pitch. And I don't think we're watching the same FB if you're categorizing him as having a straight & flat FB. When he makes a mistake with it? Yeah, sure. But not when it's working well.

Well now they must go realistically 6-1 in their next 7 not to be sellers .

Even in that scenario, they are basically screwed. They would be sitting at .500 but perhaps still 5 back with 3 teams in front of them. It's possible, sure... but they will have a heck of a lot better chance on opening day 2013 and 14 than they do now.

Archived