Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-14 Pirates (Correia) at Brewers (Estrada), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/pirates.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 14 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Pirates (48-38) | Brewers (41-45)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/pirates/correia-02.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/estrada-08.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]5-6, 4.36 ERA, 1.30 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Correia last pitched on Independence Day, when he allowed three earned runs in six innings. He gave up two earned on five hits in 5 2/3 innings in his last outing against the Brewers on June 1.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-3, 4.06 ERA, 1.02 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Pirates | Game Log[/h3][h3]The right-hander has allowed five earned runs and nine hits in 15 effective innings since returning from the disabled list, where he spent a month with a groin strain. Current Pirates are 7-for-41 (.171) against Estrada.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. LF Drew Sutton
  2. 2B Neil Walker
  3. CF Andrew McCutchen
  4. RF Garrett Jones
  5. 1B Casey McGehee
  6. 3B Pedro Alvarez
  7. C Michael McKenry
  8. SS Clint Barmes
  9. P Kevin Correia

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Norichika Aoki
  2. 1B Travis Ishikawa
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. RF Corey Hart
  6. 2B Rickie Weeks
  7. C Martin Maldonado
  8. SS Cesar Izturis
  9. P Marco Estrada

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, "Ishi" and "Izzy" both starting, together? Ishi hitting in the 2 hole? If Hart is not getting the day off, why on earth is Ishikawa playing 1B and batting 2nd? So, now we have Aoki and Hart playing out of position just so Ishikawa can get a start in?

RR is a dweeb.

Probably means we score 10 runs tonight...

(Yes, I know that both Hart and Aoki are not a stretch in those positions, but damn, we got something good going with Hart at 1B, why in the heck mess with that? I just don't understand, I just don't. No need to complain that we can't start the same line-up day in and day out when the opportunity is there to do it, our manager just seems to think it helps us by running a different line-up out there every single game)

Ishikawa hitting 2nd... If it wasn't sad that someone thinks this is a good thing, I'd be laughing right now.

"Ishi" hitting 2nd.

Where is our new blood SS? Just another waste of a roster spot if he doesn't get to play...

RR is a.........nevermind.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Well, everybody else is going pretty good in the spots they're hitting now. You could move Weeks up, but why change his situation now that he's getting into a groove? So if the choice is between Ishikawa and Izturis in the 2 hole, Ishikawa wins every time. Yes, none of this should matter, but that's just the way baseball does things.

Izzy starting makes sense based on the match-up. 6 for 10 hard to argue with. I dont mind Ishy getting a start either, Mormez just hasnt been productive.

My reaction to reading your post (yes, I talked out loud... to myself) --

Mormez? Who is... ohhhhh, I get it!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived