Brewer Fanatic

Carpenters?

Ando Calrissian

Mike,

Looking at Logan's link, I have the tools and equipment to do such a job rather easily, but some are not portable and I don't relish the thought of going to Milwaukee. If you can get the inserts shown in the aforementioned link (or suitable replacements) and want to take a ride down to Twin Lakes, we can drill and tap the bobbles here, provided the bobbles have a solid base that can be drilled and tapped.

More precisely, you can drill and tap them with me looking over your shoulder. My friends and I call this the "buddy system." None of us want to work on stuff for money, because then it's no longer a hobby, it's a job; but, we'll help just about anybody do just about anything as long as they're willing to lay their hands on the tools and get a little dirty.

My original thought was that you could somehow find pieces of wood the make the base taller so that it would be sturdier. Thicker pieces of wood to extend the base by a half inch or so.

They may have those inserts at Northern Brewer in Milwaukee. They make SS ones also.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I hope you guys will forgive me for posting what I first thought of when I saw this thread title. Hope you can make the project work!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EYZNoRi2qpE/T6VWR9-PTgI/AAAAAAAALc4/Wlmw0-jssJE/s1600/the-carpenters.jpg

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Thanks, I've got those already.

The bases of the bobbles are pretty tough for drilling. Also, I definitely want some kind of base that he bobble will be mounted on. What I'm imagining are tap handles that resemble baseball bats with the bobbles mounted on top.

Mike,

Looking at Logan's link, I have the tools and equipment to do such a job rather easily, but some are not portable and I don't relish the thought of going to Milwaukee. If you can get the inserts shown in the aforementioned link (or suitable replacements) and want to take a ride down to Twin Lakes, we can drill and tap the bobbles here, provided the bobbles have a solid base that can be drilled and tapped.

More precisely, you can drill and tap them with me looking over your shoulder. My friends and I call this the "buddy system." None of us want to work on stuff for money, because then it's no longer a hobby, it's a job; but, we'll help just about anybody do just about anything as long as they're willing to lay their hands on the tools and get a little dirty.

Thanks for the offer; I'll be sure to be in touch if that's the route I end up needing to take.

Archived