Brewer Fanatic

2nd half optimism!!

torts

Catching the teams in front of you requires that you win games and they lose them. If you can win at an accelerated pace for two weeks while the teams in front of you lose at an accelerated pace, you can gain ground in a hurry.

I think we all can see what needs to happen here: trade most of the bullpen to the Reds, Pirates and Astros.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Catching the teams in front of you requires that you win games and they lose them. If you can win at an accelerated pace for two weeks while the teams in front of you lose at an accelerated pace, you can gain ground in a hurry.

I think we all can see what needs to happen here: trade most of the bullpen to the Reds, Pirates and Astros.

I LIKE THE WAY YOU ARE THINKING HERE!!!!!!!!!!! Here are some trade proposals...

Livan H and Mannu Parra to PIRATES for a couple primanti sandwich trays and Rinku Singh

KRod to ASTROS for free jet fuel for a year and really... doesnt matter

Dillard to REDS for a thank you card

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Axford to the cubs for Castro

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

out of all the trades we make, the only one required to get a return of anything is the cubs, if only... because its the cubs.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Hows that optimism going for everyone?

GREAT!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

who says I ever stopped from last night?

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I'm optimistic for a fire sale.

I fear this is the start of another long stretch of crapitude.

I'll agree with that statement. Our minor league system has a lot of rebuilding to do.

I don't agree. In fact, that's where I've turned my optimism- to the farm. For anyone paying attention, Fiers and Maldy have performed very well- better than anyone thought they would be, especially Fiers.

Rogers and Burgos have pitched very well. In the case of Burgos, so well you can't ignore him anymore. Peralta and Thorny have been up and down, but there is hope there. As there is with some of the bulpen arms like Sanchez, Henderson, Kintzler, etc. Not to mention there's still reason to watch the starters down in Brevard and Appleton.

Now that Khris Davis has decided he wants to play baseball after-all, he has been on fire. Morris is showing he may be for real. Other guys at each level in the minors that are capable of becoming legit prospects. Do we have a Braun or Fielder in the system? Probably not. But plenty of reason for optimism.

I'm optimistic for a fire sale.

I fear this is the start of another long stretch of crapitude.

I'll agree with that statement. Our minor league system has a lot of rebuilding to do.

I don't agree. In fact, that's where I've turned my optimism- to the farm. For anyone paying attention, Fiers and Maldy have performed very well- better than anyone thought they would be, especially Fiers.

Rogers and Burgos have pitched very well. In the case of Burgos, so well you can't ignore him anymore. Peralta and Thorny have been up and down, but there is hope there. As there is with some of the bulpen arms like Sanchez, Henderson, Kintzler, etc. Not to mention there's still reason to watch the starters down in Brevard and Appleton.

Now that Khris Davis has decided he wants to play baseball after-all, he has been on fire. Morris is showing he may be for real. Other guys at each level in the minors that are capable of becoming legit prospects. Do we have a Braun or Fielder in the system? Probably not. But plenty of reason for optimism.

AWWWWWWW YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Do we have a Braun or Fielder in the system? Probably not. But plenty of reason for optimism.

Don't you mean blind optimism?

We don't have anyone considered among the game's top prospects. The top rated guy, Peralta is throwing to a 1.65 WHIP and 5.04 ERA in AAA. And you're touting Mark Rogers (!) because of 3 starts. The rest of the year he's been horrible.

The major league roster is loaded with players at or past their primes.

So I have forgotten about optimism.

Is Ryan Braun going to have even one more postseason in a Brewers uniform? I can't see how that could happen.

The system is actually in pretty decent shape overall. Yes, it lacks the top tier talent, but it's full of guys who are legit candidates to be solid (if not spectacular) starters. This is where a Greinke trade comes in -- you go get yourself the best single prospect you can find, forget quantity or MLB-readiness. If you can get more than one piece, great. But you get that freaking top piece. Anything less than that isn't worth the effort of dealing ZG.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The Brewers run was built on the backs of some premium draft talent...they'll be picking at a spot they haven't been at in a while if this keeps up. Between that and the Greinke deal, the farm system should be pointed up. The team should be competitive next year...by no means a favorite, but in the mix. As long as there is optimism and hope, it's fun to watch.

The system is actually in pretty decent shape overall.

I don't know enough about players in the minors to make an educated projection, so I read and listen to others with varying degrees of expertise.

In March, someone on Fangraphs ranked them 29th out of 30.

In January, John Sickels said they were 28th.

In March, Baseball America had them at 26th.

Also in March, Baseball Prospectus had them at 28th.

Earlier this month, Keith Law mentioned on a podcast that of the teams he has seen in the Arizona League this year, the Brewers impressed him as having the fewest number of athletic-type players.

Do the Brewers have guys who could make the majors? Sure--but do they have guys who could excel there--or who could draw interest from other clubs?

Many say it is unlikely.

Archived