• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"SHUTTING THE DOOR"

how bout barely escaping?

how about you get out of here

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

do you troll every thread to just try to find something to pick apart in it? because it certainly seems like thats all you do here. and by here, I mean this entire board, not just this thread.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

and yet, no one scored! HE SHUT THE DOOR, BRO! HE SHUT THE DOOR HARD!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

4-2! BOOYAH!!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

MORE OPTIMISM!!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I have no problem with optimism. In fact, I would love for the Brewers to keep winning. However, I still want Greinke, KRod, and anyone else with value and/or expiring contracts shipped out for talent instead of losing them for basically nothing at the end of the year. So trade those guys first to build for the future and then try to keep winning. After all, they've got a winning record without Greinke since Friday, maybe they can keep it going when he's gone.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

teams ahead of the Brewers for the wild card.

Pirates/Reds - one would have the division lead, and Pittsburgh hasn't had a winning season in almost 2 decades.

Braves - quality team that's fighting through injuries, but has pitching issues

Dodgers - getting Kemp back obviously helps them, but they've been scuffling for quite awhile after a great start

Cardinals - Good team that always seems to play well in the 2nd half, but not world-beaters

Mets - after a surprisingly good start, they are off the rails and plummeting in the standings

Brewers are 7 back of the wild card and of the division lead...If they win this weekend's series or somehow manage to sweep, the whole NL gets even more muddied and the division is in play. Even if it's the right thing to do longterm for the franchise, it would be very difficult for Melvin to sell at the deadline.

Brewers are 7 back of the wild card and of the division lead...If they win this weekend's series or somehow manage to sweep, the whole NL gets even more muddied and the division is in play. Even if it's the right thing to do longterm for the franchise, it would be very difficult for Melvin to sell at the deadline.

A sweep would make it virtually impossible for Melvin to start selling but probably would have little effect on the division race with regard to the Brewers. They would still probably be 4.5-5.5 back and in the 4th place. Baseball is always a lot more fun to watch when your team is at least .500, though.

I don't think it was a contradiction. A 7-2 start out of the break, with a sweep of the Reds, makes DM's position to sell nearly impossible. It tells the team and fans, it doesn't matter if you win. At some point there is a human aspect to the game, it can't be all cold strategy. In reality a sweep doesn't exactly send them flying up the charts, to a point where they are obvious buyers, but it kinda limits his fire sale.

I don't think it was a contradiction. A 7-2 start out of the break, with a sweep of the Reds, makes DM's position to sell nearly impossible. It tells the team and fans, it doesn't matter if you win. At some point there is a human aspect to the game, it can't be all cold strategy. In reality a sweep doesn't exactly send them flying up the charts, to a point where they are obvious buyers, but it kinda limits his fire sale.

Correct. The average fan weights the importance of succeeding in 2012 about 10 times more than succeeding in 2013. if they aren't considering fan reaction, Melvin and Mark A's weighting would be much closer to 50/50 but they have to be careful not to piss off the people who pay to keep the lights on. It's a tough position to be in.

I think 2 out of 3 vs the Reds makes it pretty hard to warrant selling, we would just have won 3 series in a row against the 3 teams ahead of us in the division and would likely jump ahead of at least a couple teams in the WC race.

Brewers have won 4 of 5 series in July (if you consider the 1 W vs AZ on July 1 in that series win apart of july series wins), splitting the only other series 2-2 against Miami. I BELIEVE!!!

Homer Bailey has a 5.12 ERA at home this season (0-2 vs MIL this year, 10 ER in 7.2 IP)

Bronson Arroyoyo has a 4.44 ERA at home this season (1-0 vs MIL this year, 4 ER in 14.1 IP)

Johnny Ceuto has a 2.03 ERA at home this season (0-0 vs MIL this year, 0 ER in 7 IP)

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I had to look this up, it's been bugging me how seemingly effective this dude has been against the Brewers...

Arroyo has a career 3.70 ERA against Milwaukee over 151 IP. The only teams he's fared better against, w/a min. of 80 IP, are the Cubs (2.97!! ERA) & Mets (3.63).

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I had to look this up, it's been bugging me how seemingly effective this dude has been against the Brewers...

Arroyo has a career 3.70 ERA against Milwaukee over 151 IP. The only teams he's fared better against, w/a min. of 80 IP, are the Cubs (2.97!! ERA) & Mets (3.63).

That makes sense. It seems everytime we face Arroyo it's something like 7 shutout innings or 7 innings, 1 run or we crush him for like 6 runs in 3 innings or something like that.

Archived