Brewer Fanatic

2nd half optimism!!

torts
77 games remain.

12 games remaining against pirates (went 10-2)

9 games remaining against cardinals (went 4-5)

9 games remaining against reds (went 4-5)

9 games remaining against astros (went 5-4)

7 games remaining against chicago (went 6-1)

31 games remain outside our division (went 12-16 so far, 3 to go)

I still believe in this brewers team.

I BELIEVED THE ENTIRE WAY.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a real hard time giving Japanese players with at least 6 years professional experience "rookie of the year" honors when they get their first shot at MLB. Generally they are players already in their prime or on the downside of their prime. While they essentially played AA-AAA all those years from a quality standpoint the atmosphere was pretty intense and much different from our upper minor leagues.

For example Yu Darvish already had 6.5 years of experience in Japan and he's only 25, Aoki had 7+ and is 30 years old.

While Japanese players do have a relatively high flame out rate, off the top of my head it's about the same as the top prospect flame out rates in general.

I don't know maybe it's just the age thing, but I'm firmly against Japanese players being eligible for the ROY honor.

I agree that they should change the criteria to make guys like that ineligible...but the precedent has already been set with Ichiro.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

77 games remain.

12 games remaining against pirates (went 10-2)

9 games remaining against cardinals (went 4-5)

9 games remaining against reds (went 4-5)

9 games remaining against astros (went 5-4)

7 games remaining against chicago (went 6-1)

31 games remain outside our division (went 12-16 so far, 3 to go)

I still believe in this brewers team.

I BELIEVED THE ENTIRE WAY.

Thanks for inspiring RALLY CAPS. It was a fun ride to a winning season.

I have a real hard time giving Japanese players with at least 6 years professional experience "rookie of the year" honors when they get their first shot at MLB. Generally they are players already in their prime or on the downside of their prime. While they essentially played AA-AAA all those years from a quality standpoint the atmosphere was pretty intense and much different from our upper minor leagues.

For example Yu Darvish already had 6.5 years of experience in Japan and he's only 25, Aoki had 7+ and is 30 years old.

While Japanese players do have a relatively high flame out rate, off the top of my head it's about the same as the top prospect flame out rates in general.

I don't know maybe it's just the age thing, but I'm firmly against Japanese players being eligible for the ROY honor.

I agree that they should change the criteria to make guys like that ineligible...but the precedent has already been set with Ichiro. Hideo Nomo

LAST GAME OF THE YEAR, WHAT A 2nd HALF THIS HAS BEEN!!! NOTHIN BUT LOVE FROM HERE ON OUT!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

McCutchen got 1 hit today, Braun is 4 behind. The Prates were shutout so McCutch finished tied with Braun and Upton for the runs scored lead at 107, so its a 2 horse race to that stat tonight between Braun and Upton.

Mike Stanton needs 5 PA to qualify but he has a .612 SLG to Braun's .598. If Stanton goes 0-fer he will finish with a .605 SLG, Braun would need 7 TB in 4 ABs to take that title.

SO HAPPY THAT THIS THREAD WAS A HIT!!! GET READY FOR THE OFFSEASON!!! SO MUCH TO BE OPTIMISTIC ABOUT!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Archived