Brewer Fanatic

2nd half optimism!!

torts

HOW could it possible be but the Bullpen is to blame for the Crew not bein in post season play.

Well it good to know what needs to be worked on in the off season.

IT really poethic Justice that the Bullpen is the cause for the loss and most likely missing the wildcard. Doug lets get working.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3-3 against the top two teams in the NL is not that bad

3-4 (2-2 vs. Wash, 1-2 vs. Cinn)

The Brewers still need to win their remaining games. We just need a break and the Cards lose both series......

It Can Be Done!!!!

DOH! MY BAD! MORE IMPORTANTLY THOUGH

It Can Be Done!!!!

It Can Be Done!!!!

It Can Be Done!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

At this point all the optimism reminds me of Homer Simpson following the flying pig.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_K60Z1eMb6jQ/SShPjxcBqhI/AAAAAAAAAWM/vdCAwag0-60/s400/simpsons+flying+pig.JPG

It's still possible! It's still possible!

I've genuinely appreciated the optimism in this thread and I do not mean to crap on it. I just really like that Simpsons episode.

Whenever the season ends, the Brewers have made the latter months of the 2012 season more interesting than just about any of us had reason to expect.

Now, if you have tickets for Saturday and are ready to tear them up in frustration, don't do that. Transfer them to me so we have a better chance of winning a fabulous prize. Every year the SO says it's his year to be a winner!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewers 6-0

Cards 2-4

One game play in

Wild card baby!!

yeah, that's what I'm hoping for, too.

(oops, didn't do it in CAPS)

YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I'M HOPING FOR, TOO.

THAT FEELS BETTER!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BREWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Brewers 6-0

Cards 2-4

One game play in

Wild card baby!!

yeah, that's what I'm hoping for, too.

(oops, didn't do it in CAPS)

YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I'M HOPING FOR, TOO.

THAT FEELS BETTER!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BREWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

HELL YES BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

How about this scenario:

Brewers 6-0

Dodgers 5-1

Cards 2-4

Three way tie for the 2nd Wild Card spot. What happens then? You have to have a play in to the play in game, to get to the wild card play in game. However the MLB schedule only provides one off day between the end of the regular season and the wild card game. I guess they'd have to change that. This may seem like a bazaar scenario but in the American League there is only a two game difference between Baltimore, Tampa, and Aneheim. Throw in the Yankees and it's only a 3 game difference between the four teams. This is something that will happen sometime if not this year.

I BELIEVE THAT THEY CAN WIN 82 GAMES!!!! WINNING SEASON, HERE WE COME!! WHOO! WHOO! WHOO WHOO!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Torts, thanks for the optomism. Nice that it lasted this long.

I'm optimistic we'll have a winning record, but that's the best I can muster.

How about starting a 2013 optimism thread.

thanks! glad it did too!

i'll start an off-season thread on wednesday. SO MUCH TO BE EXCITED FOR!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I have a real hard time giving Japanese players with at least 6 years professional experience "rookie of the year" honors when they get their first shot at MLB. Generally they are players already in their prime or on the downside of their prime. While they essentially played AA-AAA all those years from a quality standpoint the atmosphere was pretty intense and much different from our upper minor leagues.

For example Yu Darvish already had 6.5 years of experience in Japan and he's only 25, Aoki had 7+ and is 30 years old.

While Japanese players do have a relatively high flame out rate, off the top of my head it's about the same as the top prospect flame out rates in general.

I don't know maybe it's just the age thing, but I'm firmly against Japanese players being eligible for the ROY honor.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived