Brewer Fanatic

2nd half optimism!!

torts
At least the Packers debacle made me forget that the Brewers lost a game in the standings yesterday.

HAHA ME TOO. that was beyond pathetic.

WIN THE SERIES IN CINCY BREWERS, BRING ME OUT OF MY FUNK TODAY!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least the Packers debacle made me forget that the Brewers lost a game in the standings yesterday.

It really shows you that no matter how you devise a system for instant replay in theory, in reality it is much more complicated and the most basic point of instant replay, to reverse obviously incorrect calls, does not even always happen.

"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not"

-Yogi Berra

It really shows you that no matter how you devise a system for instant replay in theory, in reality it is much more complicated and the most basic point of instant replay, to reverse obviously incorrect calls, does not even always happen.

I would argue that the basic point of instant replay is to reverse whatever obviously incorrect calls you are physically able to. You've never been able to reverse judgement calls (e.g. pass interference, holding, simultaneous possession) by design and I believe it needs to stay that way. The system didn't work because it was entrusted to individuals that couldn't make even a slightly reasonable initial judgement call.

I AM STILL OPTIMISTIC THIS SEASON WILL END ON A HIGH NOTE!! MILES DAVIS ALL THE WAY, BABYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Weighing in late, but in the Badgers loss against Oregon State, replay actually managed to overturn a CORRECT call on the field at the end of the game. Nobody cared too much because UW looked bad pretty much the whole game, but it did cost them a shot at winning.

If every play is subject to immediate review, as it is in college football, replay will actually make thing *worse* unless the replay officials have a lower error rate than the crew on the field.

Add in the whole continuing action aspect of baseball and you need to really think about exactly how you want to make replay work in baseball. Anything that makes the game better should be embraced; just make sure you're making it better first.

Anyhow, let's see the Crew get another one tomorrow afternoon and see what happens when they get home.

With a win tomorrow, it would be hard not to be at least mildly excited about the prospect of getting to within 2 games on Friday with 5 to play.

Is it wrong that I am actually rooting for the Dodgers to win as well? I figure that the odds of the Brewers finishing 2nd to the Dodgers for the 2nd wildcard spot is extremely low anyway, so let's get the Cards out of the playoffs.

Should the Brewers win tomorrow Vs the Reds, I really believe that the Brewers can win the rest of the games in the season, which are at home. The Brewers have lost what, only 2 games at home in the last month and a half? 46-29 at home this season. It will be a very good crowd at Miller Park, also.

The Cards have to face the Nationals and the Reds during that stretch. Those teams will be playing all out to knock the Cards out of the playoff's.

Go Brewers!

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

I love optimism but we can also stay grounded in reality. Even if you assume the Brewers have a 70% chance of winning each game , that equates to a 12% chance of going 6-0 and even that is optimistic. That's why I just break up the long odds and just take it one day at a time. Win tomorrow and bring it back home!

I love optimism but we can also stay grounded in reality.

no.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

We are 3.5 back with 7 to play. I believe 3.5 is the exact number of games we made up with 7 to play in 2008. The schedule is in our favor. Optimism!

The Brewers were actually 2.5 games back with 7 to play in 2008 (Brewers were 84-71, Mets were 86-68). However, they won the Wild Card by 1 game...so they did make up 3.5 games in the WC standing with 7 to go. The Cards don't have the melt-down bullpen that the Mets had in 2008, but they do have some tough games coming up.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I love optimism but we can also stay grounded in reality.

no.

Actually, we literally can do both at the same time; they are not mutually exclusive. If someone chooses not to of course, that is their prerogative. I was simply offering an alternative.

BP gives the Brewers around a 1 in 20 shot of making the playoffs. A win today probably doubles that. Let's win.

NOT EVEN THAT HEARTBREAK OF A GAME WILL RUIN THIS OPTIMISM!!! I BELIEVE THEY CAN DO THIS AT HOME!! CARDINALS CAN GO 2-4! THE WAGON HAS HIT A BUMP, BUT I AINT FALLIN OFF JUST YET!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

3-3 against the top two teams in the NL is not that bad, add in a sweep of the Pittsburgh Whoo'ers and a 6-3 road trip is not something to be down about!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Archived