Brewer Fanatic

2nd half optimism!!

torts
  • Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply as a devil's advocate question (because I do 100% agree and stand by the move), I wonder if you asked Doug right now if he could take back the Greinke trade, what he would say.

Segura has been a great addition, though. Not saying he has Greinke's value, but even a non-MLB ready Segura is a lot better to watch than Izturis was.

Doug would tell you that he stands by the Greinke trade. He might or might not say something different to Gord Ash or Mark Attanasio. :)

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Based on my research, the best 30-some stretches in Brewer history have taken place in the last 13 months.

2011: 27-5

2012: 24-6

I was having a difficult time finding a stretch of better than 20-10 in any other year.

Should be something thereabouts in 2007. They started 24-10 that year I believe.

The one that came to mind for me right away was '91 team. They went on a pretty big run that started at about the same time of the one this season. A quick check of BR found that they had a 21-9 stretch during August and September. I think the '92 team was pretty close to that down the stretch as well, but I'm too lazy to check. Didn't they start 16-1 in '87? I know they had the big losing streak, but I thought that was a few weeks after the winning streak ended.

EDIT Just found a few 23-7 stretches in Aug/Sept of '92.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I was wondering what happened to that Slapzilla dude then I realized I had a playoff race to worry about.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I was wondering what happened to that Slapzilla dude then I realized I had a playoff race to worry about.

Every team has a handful of fans that make the "they're done" statements, and then when they get hot, they disappear. Then, when they fall short at the end, they show back up with the "I told you so" nonsense.

Of course they'll insist all along that "I wanted them to make the playoffs, I was just keeping it real."

I'm sure if the Crew falls short, we'll find out if we have any of those types of 'fans'.

ALL I KNOW IS THAT I AM ROOTING FOR THE BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL RIGHT NOW! YEYEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! #BREWLIEVE #WEDONTNEEDGREINKE #PLAYOFFSHEREWECOME

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

It is amazing how much difference a month makes. A month ago if the Brewers had a one run lead late in a game I just assumed they were going to lose. Right now if the Brewers are down one late in the game I assume they are going to win. The Brewers have had some good offenses the past few years but I have never seen one perform like this. 1-8 I dont think we have ever had a group of hitters this hot.

Here are OPS of the standard lineup in September.

1. Aoki - 1.034

2. Weeks - .943

3 Braun - .973

4. Ramirez - .954

5. Hart - 1.002

6. Lucroy - .695

7. Gomez - .641

8. Segura - .946

Other guys who have played

Ishikawa - .698

Morgan - .718

Schafer - .956

Maldanado .633

Bianchi - .585

Including the pitchers spot we have an .828 OPS in September. That is just insane. At the same time we have the 5th best ERA in NL at just 3.42.

2011 Packers: Dominated regular season, lost in postseason to the eventual champion

2011 Brewers: Dominated regular season, lost in postseason to the eventual champion

2011 Brewers = 2011 Packers

*****End downer portion of post******

2010 Packers: Had some rough stretches, got hot when it mattered, won a championship

2012 Brewers: Had some rough stretches, got hot when it mattered, ....

2012 Brewers = 2010 Packers

Archived