Brewer Fanatic

2nd half optimism!!

torts
  • Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just. Keep. Winning.

3 games back with 19 to play isn't impossible. But we need to stay red hot. Our next six games are must wins as the schedule gets harder in a hurry, really gotta win 5 of those next 6 and we may have something. LA and Cards about to start a 4 game set - nice because one has to lose, but one will win too.

At this point though I always believe you can only focus on the team in front of you - which is Pittsburgh, catch them and then look forward. I'm honest more worried about the Phillies at this point. I hope they start losing.

At this point though I always believe you can only focus on the team in front of you - which is Pittsburgh, catch them and then look forward.

THIS TIMES A TRILLION. CATCH THOSE BUCS, SINK THEIR SHIP NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!! 21 SEASONS IN A ROW, LIL HONEY BOO BOO

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

At this point though I always believe you can only focus on the team in front of you - which is Pittsburgh, catch them and then look forward. I'm honest more worried about the Phillies at this point. I hope they start losing.

Sorry..have to disagree. You always have to focus on the team that currently holds the prize. Catching Pittsburgh gets you nothing. If St. Louis and Pittsburgh were playing each other today, you would want Pittsburgh to win. You want that game's behind number to continue to shrink. Today, I want LA to beat St. Louis.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Sorry..have to disagree. You always have to focus on the team that currently holds the prize. Catching Pittsburgh gets you nothing. If St. Louis and Pittsburgh were playing each other today, you would want Pittsburgh to win. You want that game's behind number to continue to shrink. Today, I want LA to beat St. Louis.

And yes, I do agree that for now, we want LA to beat the Dodgers. I understand what you're saying, and I don't disagree but what I'm saying is that it makes no sense to worry about the Cardinals yet as if we can't pass Pittsburgh it doesn't matter. Obviously what the Cardinals do is important, but we can't leapfrog three teams at the same time, so just focusing catching and passing the team immediately in front of you. Of course, gaining on the Cardinals is great, but focusing solely on them with other teams in between us seems silly.

They shouldn't focus on any team other than the one they are playing. Just like they have done for the last month.

Yes, agreed...I guess I was really referring to us, the scoreboard watching fans.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Fellow Brewer fans isn't this freaking awesome!! Just unbelievable! I thought this team was dead in the water this spring. Gonzales, Gamel, and Narvy lost for the year. The bullpen, our supposed strength, implodes like nobody's business. We trade our beloved Zack Grienke and would've dealt anyone else whom had value. I was fine with each loss because we were out of it and it helped our draft standing in 2013. And now, 3 games out. Still a tough road to hoe, but not a road I thought we'd be looking down. YES YES YES!!!!

Fellow Brewer fans isn't this freaking awesome!! Just unbelievable! I thought this team was dead in the water this spring. Gonzales, Gamel, and Narvy lost for the year. The bullpen, our supposed strength, implodes like nobody's business. We trade our beloved Zack Grienke and would've dealt anyone else whom had value. I was fine with each loss because we were out of it and it helped our draft standing in 2013. And now, 3 games out. Still a tough road to hoe, but not a road I thought we'd be looking down. YES YES YES!!!!

AW YEAH BABY!! THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I've seen more optimism on death row......

HYUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Dodgers and Cardinals tied, at least we'll gain .5 on one of them. I guess we could use the Dodgers winning tonight, as it would shrink our deficeit to 2.5 games...it would also create a tie between the two. Ideally they can somehow split the 4 games or have the Dodgers win 3 of 4, the Dodgers have a much tougher schedule going forward.

So you're saying there's a chance! Still probably got to win 15 of the last 19 with the other teams involved but it sure makes things entertaining at least.

http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1337436914921846786.jpg

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

The Pirates are so incredibly bad right now that it is making me more and more confident. WAS and CIN will have clinched or gotten awfully close by the time the Brewers see them as well. I don't think the schedule is as daunting as I once thought. That being said STL gets 9 games against HOU and CHI so almost by default they are the favorites. They will either have to choke or we will have to go on some crazy run (Even moreso than our current crazy run)

Cards blow it!!!!!! 2 1/2 back!!!!! Keep it going boys!

Hey, Mr. Optimism. It's only 2 back in the loss column. ;-)

If somebody had told me three weeks ago that I'd be more excited about watching the Brewers on September 15 than Badger football, I'd have called the white coats to have him checked out.

Pretty good chance the Reds will have clinched the division just before the Crew goes to Cinci. That wouldn't bother me at all, mostly because it also means that they'd have put a couple losses on the Dodgers.

Just gotta keep winning.

Archived