Brewer Fanatic

2nd half optimism!!

torts
  • Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just look back at the KC series and the Philly Series and I just get so mad. If we go 5-1 in those games like we should have or even just 4-2 then our playoff picture looks very strong. As it stands it is still a long shot.

Yeah, it's very frustrating to look back now. If they had just played .500 ball during that run in the middle of the season, Greinke would still be with us and the team might even have the wildcard pretty much locked up by now.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

HEY EVERYONE, WELCOME TO MY OPTIMISM THREAD, NEVER STOP BELIEVING, THESE GUYS ARE DOING GOOD THINGS

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

They're 6 back of the final wild card with 23 games left and a lot of teams in the mix.

They are out of contention.

I admit, I got back on the wagon. Had they won yesterday, I maybe still on it.

It's unicorns and leprechauns at this point. The run was fun though.

[sarcasm]When the Brewers had a .4% chance of making the playoffs, it made sense to continue hoping. Now that it is .2%, it's just silly though.[/sarcasm]

It's a personal choice to decide how low is too low to root for.

repost from the other thread...

I'll tell you what. I will make it easy on you all so you don't have to keep coming at me in multiple threads.

If the Brewers fall 6 games out or more between now and the playoffs, THEY'RE DONE. I bolded it, and I'm not sugar coating it. There's no context question either. If they fall 6 games out and still make the playoffs, I will quit the board.

^ go ahead and quote that, put it in your sig, whatever.

As a (what I consider) informative fan, there's no other way to logically look at things different. You guys don't have to consider me informed, and you can label me a "brewer hater" all you want for being honest. I'm telling you how it is.

Stop making this about you, and enjoy the fact that these September games actually mean something. ONWARD TO VICTORY.

Yeah, who would have thought even six weeks ago we would actually be caring about Brewers baseball games at this point? Other than for seeing some of the young guys, I figured these games would be completely meaningless. While their actual chances of making the post-season are still very season, it's just amazing that people are talking about it.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It is a choice, and/or an opinion, you're right.

It's not illogical to argue when someone makes it sound as if it's an easy run to a playoff spot either.

i agree that when someone may be overstating the odds of the Brewers making the playoffs, there's nothing wrong with pointing it out. It's when someone makes the proclamation, "The Brewers are done!" that annoys people. I'm sure I've made that statement here at some point over the years but I don't anymore. Until they are mathematically eliminated, it simply isn't true. So it becomes a judgement call of each fan to decide how much of a chance, however small it might be, justifies hope. I think it's silly that you were still holding out hope on Sunday but now they are "obviously" done. Probably a difference between a 1% chance had they won on Sunday and the current .5% chance. For me, neither justifies any real hope but hey, you are free to set that bar wherever you want, just like anyone else.

Stop making this about you
I didn't, everyone who came at me in this thread and the Fiers thread did.

You act as if I don't want the Brewers to win and make it. I've still got tix to 4 games this year, all tix I paid $65-$75 each for behind home plate. There's nothing I'd like more than to see a 5th, 6th, 7th, etc game in the postseason at Miller Park. I just don't see the "WE GOT THIS" attitude like others.

77 games remain.

12 games remaining against pirates

9 games remaining against cardinals

9 games remaining against reds

9 games remaining against astros

7 games remaining against chicago

31 games remain outside our division

I still believe in this brewers team.

against the NL Central since the All star break

24 - 13

3 games remain against pirates

3 games remain against houston

3 games remain against cincinatti

12 games remain outside our division

I still believe in this brewers team.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

CAPS LOCK OPTIMISM HAS STRONG KUNG-FU. ALL OTHER KUNG-FU IS WEAK. TOMAHAWK THE BRAVES, SWASHBUCKLE THE PIRATES, THROW A WRENCH AT THE DODGERS. MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!

i think i love you

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I think it's silly that you were still holding out hope on Sunday but now they are "obviously" done. Probably a difference between a 1% chance had they won on Sunday and the current .5% chance. For me, neither justifies any real hope but hey, you are free to set that bar wherever you want, just like anyone else.

That is where I agree with slappzilla, there is a huge difference between being 3 games out and 5 games out with 21 to play. Difference is much bigger than the .5% you are stating.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
repost from the other thread...

I'll tell you what. I will make it easy on you all so you don't have to keep coming at me in multiple threads.

If the Brewers fall 6 games out or more between now and the playoffs, THEY'RE DONE. I bolded it, and I'm not sugar coating it. There's no context question either. If they fall 6 games out and still make the playoffs, I will quit the board.

^ go ahead and quote that, put it in your sig, whatever.

As a (what I consider) informative fan, there's no other way to logically look at things different. You guys don't have to consider me informed, and you can label me a "brewer hater" all you want for being honest. I'm telling you how it is.

Awesome. Thanks. I can stop watching games now.

For the record, I didn't say anyone say "We got this". I see fans hoping against hope. Good thing we have level headed informed fans like you here to be honest and set the record straight. PHEW!

Ok really sticking with the optimism side.....

as a SSH, when do we expect them to start mailing out the playoff order forms?

With the 'Crew at least making it back into the discussion, the FO has to have plans in place in case a miracle happens.

You knew me as Myday2001.

I'm not a big fan of the thought process that states "well in order to make the playoffs they need X amount of wins, so they would need to win X out of Y games to make the playoffs". I look at games back, period. I figure if you are 3 games back with 3 games to play, while it may be quite a long shot, you are still in it..right (just ask the '82 Brewers and Orioles...didn't happen for the O's, but very close!)? To me, it's getting to those last 3 or 4 games and still being in it mathematically. So, get it to 3 games out and then at least keep pace until the final week of the season. At least that would make it interesting.

Also, would love to hear them play either "I'm a believer" by the Monkeys (pretty sure they did that in 87'?) or "Staying Alive" by the Bee Gees after home wins until they are eliminated.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived