Brewer Fanatic

Anyme looking for Nashville sounds bobbles

Hoops03

The guy wants 125 for the set of 3 delivered. Ya'll are fools if you think that's a deal. We all know waiting is the hardest part (Tom Petty)...but with a little patience, and knowing the bobble trend is on the decline, you can get each one for 25 with 6 dollar shipping in time.

I'm not sure I agree that the bobble trend is on the decline, but you might be right about that...

I don't think that $41.67 each including shipping is that bad myself...

Sure, you could wait, in hopes they come up on ebay cheaper and buy them all seperately, but this seems like an easy way to get all 3, no fighting in auctions, getting sniped at the last second, etc...

I don't know if you have been paying attention to the Hunter Morris bobbles on ebay, but there have only been a handful of them so far, and the sellers are putting pretty hefty prices on them.

So yes, you can wait it out on ebay, that is an option, but with only 1000 Corey Harts to begin with, it might not be as easy as you think to get the set of 3 at $25 each.

I'm sure, given time, you can come up with the entire set of 3 for a lot cheaper, but for a few bucks more, you can also get them all delivered to your door within a week of the last one given out, and not have to worry about it... To me, for this set, it was worth the extra $...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

What's the point of collecting something if you wait for it? Isn't part of the point of collecting something is getting it when it comes out? I don't know the last time I saw a brewer Nashville bobble go for less than 40 on eBay....125 shipped is a steal considering thers only 1000 of the hart ones alone. If you aren't willing to put the money down maybe you're in the wrong hobby?? All three of these are brewer affiliate bobbles that belong on the list...along with the Huntsville Gehrig....and will only be harder to get over time...

I can see both sides to this.

There is certainly a value to getting an entire collection in one shot. In some cases, I would pay a little more in order to avoid hassle. And no one can say for sure at this point if Hoops' pricing IS at a premium. I think it could be, but there is also a chance it will end up being a steal. It doesn't seem terribly out of line to me, but that's for each one of us to decide.

On the other hand, I admit to taking a little offense to the line about collecting only if you can get stuff right away. I have a level of pride whenever I can complete a set on my own. I'm not huge into bobbles anymore, but I collect Topps sets. A few months ago, I opened an envelope that contained a 1972 Topps Cardinals team card. That card was the last one I needed to complete a Topps run back to 1970--a feat I've slowly worked on (off and on) for the past 30 years! What an amazing feeling that was when that card fit into the last hole in the binder! I might have paid less overall had I just bought low-end sets, but the "collecting" process, in this case, was far more fun.

I buy a Topps factory set for my son every year, but I usually end up building my own sets through packs, trading, Sportlots, eBay, etc. Definitely advantages to both approaches.

I agree jschris. People try to sell giant lots of brewers bobble set all the time on ebay or craigslist. There's not much of a thrill in getting a ton of things at once. And maybe the Corey Hart will go for 40. But do you think Richard Sterban will? I got my Braun AND Fielder in the low 30's shipped about 6 months after they came out because I knew that the "must have it now" collectors would bid each other out of the water and slowly they'd all get them and the price would drop.

This is just how I collect em. Look at the price of the blue Charlie Moore. I paid like 50 for it in 2007. Last summer I bought one for 15. The Tony Plush bobble has been selling for 80. Do you think that price will hold? Even the Beloit Prince Fielder, which was for a long time considered the "Holy Grail" of Brewers bobbleheads has come down from 200 to 75.

I shouldn't have said "ya'll are fools" but I enjoy the hunt, you guys enjoy the convenience.

And putting down money when I think it is worth it versus just spending whatever money needed because something is available is two seperate things. At some point I'm gonna pull the trigger on a PSA 6 or 7 Hank Aaron rookie. That's gonna cost me more than a morgage payment. Possibly two.

I enjoy the hunt too, more so than most, but in this case, I went with convenience...

I don't see any reason to get bitter over this, or defensive...

It's a hobby, doing it one way or the other isn't wrong or right. There are times I wait it out, and times I don't. I weighed the pluses and minuses on this one, and thought that paying $41 each was acceptable. To be honest, I don't even want the paintable ozzie or Sterban, but once you have ALL the rest, ya gotta keep going...lol

• 2 weeks later...

You know what sucks?

The fact that the ozzie is paintable. That bobble looks really awesome, wish it was a regular version so it could be displayed. No way I'm going to paint mine. Might be cool to get 2, one to paint, and one to keep as is.

Harts are all over ebay, and the prices vary but it looks like their value should remain high since there are a lot fewer than the the others.

Absolutely! There will be a ton of kids/people who will rip this open and commence to painting, totally screwing it up for future collectors...

Absolutely! There will be a ton of kids/people who will rip this open and commence to painting, totally screwing it up for future collectors...

Oh my god! The collectors! You know who this doesn't screw it up for? The kids.

The kids will get their bobbles to paint and have a great time doing so, then they will put them aside and most will be broken or tossed in the bottom of a toy box in the corner.

It's great the kids will have their fun while it lasts, but in the end, bobbles are for collectors...

• 2 weeks later...

Did a little research on what the Nashville bobbles have sold for on ebay up until August 3rd.

So Far:

Corey Hart has sold 17 times. Average cost including shipping is $51.45

-Most expensive was $65.90

-Cheapest was $40.05

Richard Sterban has sold 21 times. Average cost has been $40.21

-Most expensive was $65.90

-Cheapest was $28.50

Paintable Ozzie has only sold 2 times. Average cost $36.69.

-Most expensive was $41.90

-Cheapest was $31.48

Add the average of all 3 up, and you have $128.35 , which is only $3.35 more than those of us who bought the package deal.

Add up the cheapest one of all 3 and you have a total of $100.03. If you are lucky enough to have won all 3 of the cheapest, you saved $24.97. GOOD FOR YOU!

I'm still happy I secured all 3 from the same seller, who shipped them all together in one box. Less chance of breakage from shipping than 3 seperate packages, less chance from problems with 3 different sellers, and it was just nice knowing I didn't have to compete with ebay prices, and trying to find the best deal when I know I wouldn't have the patience to wait months to get the best prices I could find.

Will the prices go up or down in the end, I guess we will find out. Still glad I made the choice I did.

So far I've gotten the Sterban for 36 and the Ozzie for 31. Assuming I can snag one between 40-45, the current going rate, I'll be happy waiting it out.

Those Braun's I'll keep my eye on, if that ends up sticking out around 50, then I guess that's what'll happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived