Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun MVP Bobblehead: Order yours now! (Updated with artwork 7/24)

TURBO

So why doesn't the artwork reflect that? Seems like the art for the Giants bobbleheads demonstrate a better effort. I see what you're saying, but my eyes are telling me something different.

This basically looks like the ROY bobble with a different base.

http://www.jakestoys.com/images/items/braunproto.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking something more along these lines....

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/common/medialib/306/633410.jpg

or

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/Ryan_Braun_Accepts_2011_MVP_from_Robin_Yount.jpg

It looks like this is what it is going to be... Sorry if some aren't pleased, but it is still a great way to pay tribute to the Brewers 1st MVP since Yount. I think it will display nicely next to the ROY bobble.

If anyone else wants in, put your name in this thread. If anyone else decides they don't want one who already committed in this thread, please PM me so we don't clog this thread with negative comments. I will remove your name from the commit list.

Honestly, this is our only chance for an MVP Braun bobble.

Thanks everyone!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

My only concern is if we lose too many orders, the bobble won't happen.

With only 144 of them, this is too good of an opportunity to ruin... It is still going to be a great bobblehead!!

I understand your concern about losing too many pre-orders, but if you lose that many, isn't it really a commentary on how satisfied people are with the artwork?

My critique isn't of turborickey, he's done some outstanding legwork on this project. I'm just sorely disappointed in the designer. For a commissioned piece, I expected a lot more, especially given what the Matt Cain bobblehead purports to be.

I'm sorry, gentlemen, but I am rescinding my two pre-orders.

I'm certainly still in. I was hoping for him holding the award, but that's not a deal breaker. As you said we probably won't get a Braun 2011 MVP bobblehead unless this goes through. However if we are lucky we'll get a different one in the future years!

Still waiting on a few who might be ordering the bobble.

We are currently short, so if anyone else wants in, now is the time.

• 4 weeks later...

You guys are super hard to please...lol

I'm pretty sure the one I had hoped to get going is dead. Not enough interest means the guy fronting the money probably gave up too. He wasn't willing to change the artwork again, so I think that was that.

Oh well, I tried...

Archived