Brewer Fanatic

Taylor Green optioned to Nashville

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd guess it's Maysonet, but whoever it is will likely just be up until Lucroy comes back. I think they'll keep 3 catchers, unless Kottaras gets traded. Maldonado will be the primary backup, and Kottaras will be used as just a lefty bat off the bench.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Should be interesting to see what direction they go. Who are the possibilities? Maysonett? Doubtful with Izturas and Ransom on the roster. Bianchi?

Scooter?

I guess if you now consider Corey a full time first baseman it could be an outfielder?

The problem is that there is a log jam down in AAA too, especially at first. Add that fact that Hunter Morris in AA is going to force a bump up here soon and it looks like Taylor may need to work on 2nd base too.

The reason I think it'll just be Maysonet, is because I think they'll go with 3 catchers when Lucroy is back. If that isn't the plan then it could be someone like Schafer, because he'd actually be here for the foreseeable future then instead of about a week or so if we keep 3 catchers.

the only position player currently on the 40-man roster in the minors with more career plate appearances than taylor green is edwin maysonet. if the brewers want an inexperienced player like green to get regular work, why would they call up any 40-man roster player other than maysonet?

of course, it's possible that the brewers could purchase the contract of a player in their organization, but that would require roster maneuvering as the 40-man is currently full (despite what it says on brewers.com).

The problem is that there is a log jam down in AAA too, especially at first. Add that fact that Hunter Morris in AA is going to force a bump up here soon and it looks like Taylor may need to work on 2nd base too.

I'm confused... 2B is his natural position iirc

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'm not seeing a log jam. He's not going to play 1B in the minors and his competition at 2B and 3B is Farris (.615 OPS and for some reason is still holding down a 40 man roster spot) and Andy Gonzalez, a 30 year old with a .757 OPS.

the only position player currently on the 40-man roster in the minors with more career plate appearances than taylor green is edwin maysonet. if the brewers want an inexperienced player like green to get regular work, why would they call up any 40-man roster player other than maysonet?

of course, it's possible that the brewers could purchase the contract of a player in their organization, but that would require roster maneuvering as the 40-man is currently full (despite what it says on brewers.com).

Maysonet was actually DFA'd on 6/22 so he's no longer on the 40-man and would need to be re-added to be called up. If it's somebody not on the 40-man already, my guess would be Bianchi.

Maysonet was actually DFA'd on 6/22 so he's no longer on the 40-man and would need to be re-added to be called up. If it's somebody not on the 40-man already, my guess would be Bianchi.

Not true. He's still on the 40-man. He was DFA'd off the 25-man and later optioned. It was for some contractual issue. Weird rule. But he's still on the 40-man roster.

Not true. He's still on the 40-man. He was DFA'd off the 25-man and later optioned. It was for some contractual issue. Weird rule. But he's still on the 40-man roster.

Oh really? I was not aware of that. Thanks for the correction.

Oh really? I was not aware of that. Thanks for the correction.

Yeah, I think everyone was confused when it first happened, including the beat writers. It was cleared up though, and they said he was optioned later and it was just a procedural move. The Brewers website doesn't even have him listed on the 40-man, but he's on there.

Yeah, I think everyone was confused when it first happened, including the beat writers. It was cleared up though, and they said he was optioned later and it was just a procedural move. The Brewers website doesn't even have him listed on the 40-man, but he's on there.

Yup I just found this thread over at Brew Crew Ball with the tweets from McCalvy that clarifies it somewhat.

I'd bring up another pitcher for the bullpen. Probably Mitch Stetter to give Roenecke a LOOGY or Mike McClendon. The Crew could also decide that it's time to shift Rogers to the pen and see what he's got. We need 7th and 8th inning help.

I'd bring up another pitcher for the bullpen. Probably Mitch Stetter to give Roenecke a LOOGY or Mike McClendon. The Crew could also decide that it's time to shift Rogers to the pen and see what he's got. We need 7th and 8th inning help.

They don't need to carry 13 pitchers coming out of the AS break though. They would just get rid of Hernandez or Dillard if they wanted to do that.

then I'm not sure. It shouldn't be Schafer since he likely won't play. They don't need an infielder. Perhaps Gindl to be the 5th OF since he's left-handed and doesn't profile as a starter. It could also be a bench bat like Jordan Brown, or a guy that profiles as a utility player like Farris.

hopefully they some how get brooks conrad to come back

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived