Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-08 Brewers (Greinke) at Astros (Lyles), 1:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-3, 10 innings]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gomez is a BUST. That's not to say he doesn't have value, but those who think he's still going to turn into an above average everyday centerfielder are going to be holding their breath for his entire career.

Hopefully Roenicke has seen enough to keep him far away from the leadoff spot.

Not gonna say it's a big win, but it sure beats losing 4 of 5 going into the break. Still think that they have to go 7-2 out of the break to even think about standing pat, but at least they didn't get the door completely slammed in their face today.

That inning shows why many teams won't take a chance on Greinke. As long as things are going exactly the way he wants everything is great. Anything that bumps him out of his comfort zone causes outings like this. I think they will end up having to keep him for the season and taking the draft choice.

I think that is all very silly. I haven't seen anything from Greinke during his time with the Brewers to suggest he's mentally fragile. He had a rough inning and then settled down. It happens.

Archived