Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-08 Brewers (Greinke) at Astros (Lyles), 1:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-3, 10 innings]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 8 | 1:05 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (39-45) | Astros (33-52)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/astros.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/greinke-19.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/astros/lyles-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]9-3, 3.17 ERA, 1.19 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Astros | Game Log[/h3][h3]Although he gave up five earned runs in his last start, Greinke remained unbeaten (15-0) as a Brewer at Miller Park. The right-hander has also been effective away from home this season, boasting a 5-2 road record.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]2-5, 5.40 ERA, 1.51 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lyles allowed a total of three earned runs in 13 1/3 innings in two starts before getting roughed up Monday in Pittsburgh, allowing nine hits and seven runs, including a pair of home runs, in a season-low four innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. CF Nyjer Morgan
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Corey Hart
  6. 2B Rickie Weeks
  7. C Martin Maldonado
  8. SS Cesar Izturis
  9. RHP Zack Greinke

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Jordan Schafer
  2. 2B Jose Altuve
  3. 3B Scott Moore
  4. LF J.D. Martinez
  5. SS Jed Lowrie
  6. 1B Chris Johnson
  7. RF Brian Bogusevic
  8. C Chris Snyder
  9. RHP Jordan Lyles

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That inning shows why many teams won't take a chance on Greinke. As long as things are going exactly the way he wants everything is great. Anything that bumps him out of his comfort zone causes outings like this. I think they will end up having to keep him for the season and taking the draft choice.

I have the option of going to Brewers/Pirates or Twins/A's next Sunday. It pains me to say it, but provided the weather cooperates, Twins/A's is a runaway winner for me right now for a whole bunch of reasons.

I know they work for the Brewers but I get tired of BA and Rock making excuses for the poor play day after day.

ps. Way to go Rickie.

I understand your point, but listening to them speak honestly about this team would get old faster. The best thing to do at this point is talk about something else entirely. Just look at how short the game threads have been this year. There isn't much to say.

You may run like Mays...

I'm so beyond sick of Morgan's act. The 2-0 pitch that he pointlessly showed bunt on was the exact pitch he should've been looking to yank to RF in that count. Nothing he does this year seems to have any logic behind it. Trade him and get Logan up here already!

Yeah I guess you have a point.

Another wasted chance fo a big hit by Morgan. Story of his season.

I know they work for the Brewers but I get tired of BA and Rock making excuses for the poor play day after day.

ps. Way to go Rickie.

I understand your point, but listening to them speak honestly about this team would get old faster. The best thing to do at this point is talk about something else entirely. Just look at how short the game threads have been this year. There isn't much to say.

Yup. It's at the point right now where even if the Vent Thread was reanimated, there isn't even a lot to vent about. No steam left in the engine at all.

Archived