Brewer Fanatic

Justin Upton

Also, Nate you made my point about Ramirez. If 30 million on the free agent market gets you exactly Ramirez he has no trade value. You would be better taking the 30 million spending it on the market on the similiar player and asking for a cost controlled talent in return. If Weeks was a 24 year old superstar on the block after almost putting up MVP numbers the previous year you bet there would be red flags as to why he was on the block. Also, Upton has played 130+ games since 09 so your Weeks comparison is weak at best.

If Bonds was put on the market for a trade back then I highly doubt it would be because he was a clubhouse cancer the reason he would be put on the market is because he is an asset. The team is going to sell an asset if they believe it is going to bring more assets back in return. Teams hardly ever trade a player away because they are a clubhouse cancer.

Funny that you mention this because way back in the day, (I'm thinking 89/90 off season) there were rumored talks of a Bonds/Sheffield swap that Harry Dalton turned down.... I don't think that Bonds was really considered a 'cancer' back then, but he certainly wasn't performing up to his abilities yet. As for Sheffield he had been perfecting the art of being a cancer during his rookie season, and that 'talent' certainly helped him get traded a few times.

As for Upton, he had a nice season last year, but I think that he's a tad overrated. Nowhere near as overrated as his brother has been, but overrated.

As far as your Bonds argument you are the only one who has used the words "clubhouse cancer" and "Upton" in the same sentence. I said he might be a bad club house prescence and people have said he has a bad attitude as well. Those terms are very different than being a cancer. If you want to keep arguing with yourself be my guest. Nobody trades a superstar talent about to enter the prime of their career having a down year no less expecting to get more talent in return. If he is gone for anything less then a massive haul it will be obvious that someone in the D'backs organization wanted him out.

Archived