Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Walk of Fame

rickh150
The only thing that lack of walk of famers tells me is how mediocre the team has been for a long time; there just aren't that many deserving inviduals. Yes this isn't the MLB hall of fame or anything but I have a hard time complaining about the Brewers guys that aren't in there right now. The Brewers have had a huge lack of elite/top tier talent in the last 20 years. Only in the last decade have the Brewers really had WOF type talent (Such as Fielder, Braun, Sheets). The 90's was just a completely lost decade for the most part.

This. Just because our history has been mediocre for a majority of the time doesn't mean we should celebrate that fact. Don't let players in simply because "we haven't let any in a few years". Are there deserving players right now? Yes. But if you make it a requirement to add 1-2 EVERY year, then within 10 years you are out of qualified candidates and will be letting mediocre players in simply to fill the requirement.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

rickh150 said:

2013----Cirillo, Bamby, Caldwell, Adcock, County Stadium Public Address Voice of the Brewers (sadly can't remember his name)

Bob Betts, for the record.

"Drive . . . .home . . . . safely!" I can hear it right now, plain as day.

JimH5 said:

I would not include fans, grounds crew, ushers, vendors, or anyone else who isn't involved in the baseball aspect of the team.

I agree with this completely. However, they could still do things for those people (perhaps they do?) that very few people will really know about . . . The Gary Vandenberg Memorial Infield Tarp . . . The Delores Stansfield Memorial Press Elevator . . . etc.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

For me it is:

"Please do not interfere with the ball when it is in play. Thank You."

Weird how some things just stick with you.

For me it is:

Betts was great. He was a huge part of the County Stadium experience, and it's a shame that he's been largely forgotten. The new guy can't hold a candle to him.

For me it is:

Oh, yes. That one is a doozy as well. It was so stern every time.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

there's an old video of Frank Thomas' MLB debut floating around out there that clearly has Betts' voice on it a couple of times. Other than that, I don't know of any.

- - - - - - - - -

Archived