Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-07 Brewers (Greinke) at Astros (Rodriguez), 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-3; Greinke ejected after four pitches]

Livan Hernandez clearly has nothing. Time to find another warm body to add to our collection of bullpen jokes.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I could ask Doug Melvin one question, I would like to ask him what purpose Cezar Izturis serves on a professional MLB level baseball team. Be honest with me Doug, it's clearly not baseball-related. Does he give really good backrubs, or what?

Good to see that Wolf is consistent, and can suck out of the bullpen just as well as he can suck in the rotation.

I'm really not that upset. Just stating that it's not like there are a ton, if any, other options. He's got AAAA players filling out his lineup along with a bunch of rent-a-players. Build a frigging team. That's on Melvin. Not RR. Sick of the blame going to the wrong place. Lineups? Really? That's the problem? Lineups? Ridic.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I agree. Roenicke's not great, but he's not the problem. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Doug Melvin is useless. I live in Texas, and I watched him assemble his all hit, no pitch team in the 90's. Now that he's in Milwaukee, he can't find relief pitchers that are worthy of being in the league.

Melvin needs to go.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Braun's not hitting worth a lick right now. When he's cold, the offense is cold. He's got a couple of homers, but he's about to dip below .300.

I'm really not that upset. Just stating that it's not like there are a ton, if any, other options. He's got AAAA players filling out his lineup along with a bunch of rent-a-players. Build a frigging team. That's on Melvin. Not RR. Sick of the blame going to the wrong place. Lineups? Really? That's the problem? Lineups? Ridic.

I already gave you another option. Aoki/Hart/Braun/Ramirez/Weeks/Maldanado/Gomez/Ransom.

I'll grant you that Melvin screwed up by going into this season with Izturis as the backup at 3 positions, but RR isn't blameless in this mess. People thought that with having Axford/K-Rod for the whole year, the bullpen would be in great shape.

He still has the defending MVP, he has some very good catchers, he still has Greinke/Gallardo/Marcum at the top of his rotation, and he got Ramirez and Aoki, and still has Hart and Weeks, who has done little this year til lately. It's not like Roenicke has absolutely no talent to work with on this team.

I hear one crowd of people that say, "This team is so talented, how can they be this bad??" and another crowd of people that say, "No one could win with these players, we needed to build a better team!!" Well, which is it? Can't be both ways.

Doug Melvin is useless. I live in Texas, and I watched him assemble his all hit, no pitch team in the 90's. Now that he's in Milwaukee, he can't find relief pitchers that are worthy of being in the league.

Melvin needs to go.

Assembling bullpens has actually been one of Melvin's strengths with the Brewers. This is the first truly bad one in a while, at least to the best of my memory.

Verified Member
Good lord. I saw the box score with Greinke being removed after 0.0 IP and almost had a heart attack. Would have been just the Brewers' luck that our biggest trading chip in years would get injured a couple weeks before the deadline.

Just watched the "highlight" of the Grienke ejection. Looks like RR got some choice words in. My favorite part was Joe West saying, "Excuse me?" I REALLY want to know what RR said. Methinks it was good stuff.

Archived