Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-07 Brewers (Greinke) at Astros (Rodriguez), 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-3; Greinke ejected after four pitches]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 7 | 3:05 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (39-44) | Astros (32-52)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/astros.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/greinke-18.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/astros/rodriguez-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]9-2, 3.08 ERA, 1.18 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Astros | Game Log[/h3][h3]Although he gave up five earned runs in his last start, Greinke remained unbeaten (15-0) as a Brewer at Miller Park. The right-hander has also been effective away from home this season, boasting a 5-2 road record.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]6-6, 3.54 ERA, 1.23 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Rodriguez is winless in his past three starts, going 0-2 with a 4.35 ERA. He had a 1.99 ERA through his first five starts of the season, but has gone 3-3 with a 5.07 ERA in his past nine starts. The team is 3-6 in that span.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Carlos Gomez
  2. RF Norichika Aoki
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Corey Hart
  6. 2B Rickie Weeks
  7. C Martin Maldonado
  8. SS Cesar Izturis
  9. RHP Zack Greinke

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Jordan Schafer
  2. 2B Jose Altuve
  3. 3B Scott Moore
  4. LF J.D. Martinez
  5. SS Jed Lowrie
  6. 1B Chris Johnson
  7. C Jason Castro
  8. RF Brian Bogusevic
  9. LHP Wandy Rodriguez

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zack was clearly mad at himself. I don't think he got off the mound and ran to first as quickly as he normally does. He also might be a little upset that Gomez didn't come up with the ball or keep it in front of him.....Or maybe that's just me being mad at Gomez.

Greinke was clearly just frustrated with himself for getting over late to cover on a great play by Hart. This is beyond ridiculous. When he threw the ball down his back was to the ump. He never looked at the ump. He never said a word to him. This is inexcusable. Holbrook should be fired tonight!!

Sadly, you will get ejected like that every time. I think the what did it is that the spike comes right behind the ump. Spiking the helmet after a out is a valid point though.

Or throwing a bat. It was a bogus call.

Again, combining the fact that it was a bang bang play(he was safe) and he did it right behind the ump, that is going to get you ejected every time. I have seen guys getting thrown out for slamming a helmet after a bang bang. Again, not saying its right.

Again, combining the fact that it was a bang bang play(he was safe) and he did it right behind the ump, that is going to get you ejected every time. I have seen guys getting thrown out for slamming a helmet after a bang bang. Again, not saying its right.

I could not disagree more. It was obvious Greinke was mad at himself. That ejection was an absolute joke.

It was only obvious after he said he was mad at himself. Spiking the ball after a bang bang play 9/10 times is frustration at the ump or is perceived to be that. The fact remains it was dumb of Greinke to spike the ball in the first place.

Hey i joined the game a little late.. can any one give me a full explanation of the greinke ejection so i know how much to be angry at the umpires?
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Archived