Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-05 Marlins (Buehrle) at Brewers (Fiers), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-0]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know why I remain surprised when Ramirez can't score from second on a single to the outfield with 2 out. Was it a line drive?

Hit right at LoMo. Ramirez was probably 15-20 feet from 3rd when he got the ball.

If nothing changes here, this is going to be the most unsatisfying split of a 4 game series I can ever remember. My interest in this team is lower than it was on some of the Brewers terrible teams of the early 2000's. Other than Fiers, there really isn't any young guys playing that you can get excited about. The one position player (Green), never even plays.

No matter what happens today, Fiers has earned a spot in the rotation. So has Estrada. Greinke, Gallardo and Marcum are givens. Guess that leaves out Hangdog Wolf.

Hangdog Wolf will not lose a spot in the rotation unless he is traded.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

If nothing changes here, this is going to be the most unsatisfying split of a 4 game series I can ever remember. My interest in this team is lower than it was on some of the Brewers terrible teams of the early 2000's. Other than Fiers, there really isn't any young guys playing that you can get excited about. The one position player (Green), never even plays.

What about "Maldy?"

I like the kid...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Once again we have a pitcher over 100 pitches in 110 degree (at least) heat and he comes back out.

Yep, Fiers could have had a nice 1-run 7 IP performance. Now the BP could give up a bomb and it'll turn into 7.1 3 ER. I understand the pen hasn't been very stellar as of late but once he gave up a baserunner, he probably should have been pulled.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Maybe i've just resigned myself to the fact that this was a lost season, but i rarely find myself deeply invested in the games like years past.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

There is now way that Parra doesn't allow this run to score

And I agree on the apathy towards this team. Frankly I just don't care like I have in years past. Thats a shame since there are so many good players on this team. I have only been to 1 game this year and I am not all the upset about it. Usually I get to at least 5 or 6.

Tailor made double play ball, except we have a huge shift on and Weeks has to run a long way to even get to 2nd.

That was so stupid I am literally speechless. Is it Roenicke or Jerry Narron that shifts the infield defense?

Tailor made double play ball, except we have a huge shift on and Weeks has to run a long way to even get to 2nd.

That was so stupid I am literally speechless. Is it Roenicke or Jerry Narron that shifts the infield defense?

I'm not watching right now so I can't comment on that individual play, but the propensity to move the infield around is one of the few things I like about Roenicke.

I'm not watching right now so I can't comment on that individual play, but the propensity to move the infield around is one of the few things I like about Roenicke.

In this situation it was plain dumb. You either play the infield in or you play it at double play depth. They did nothing to either prevent the run from scoring on a groundball or give themselves an oppurtunity to get a double play and get out of the inning.

Is Weeks hurt? Why in the world is Roenicke going to let Izturis hit here?

Weeks was taken out in the double switch to bring in Veras

Yeah but why not just let Veras come in for Parra and let either Ish or Kottaras deal with the lefty? Izturis' batting line vs. LHP in the last three years is horrendous.

Well there was a man on 1st and 3rd with a lefty up and one out. Weeks was shifted way to the right but Ransom was not. There was no reason to shift Rickie to that extreme unless Roenicke really didn't care about the run at third.

Archived