Brewer Fanatic

Tips for going to the Snappers 7/22 game.

cweber39
I am headed to my first Snappers game on Sunday and it is Rilo Bobblehead day. Does anyone have any tips of when to arrive at the stadium to ensure a bobblehead? Also Do you just wait in line at the gates? What do you do during that wait then? Any help or any idea of what I can expect would be great. Thanks!

cweber, you can come and tailgate with the bobbleboard if ou want, I get there at about 7, when you get there you will see a line, just get in and some people sit there and talk, others have gloves, some bags, whatever, I am probably going to get myself a new Brewer hat and o surgery on it while in line.

no, but people just set their chairs up and whatever and then leave and play catch and what not, also not that many people grill out at all, 5-6 at most, they open one hour before, if I were you I would be there no later than 10, and probably before, they don't hand out the bobbles at the gate anymore when you go in, you get a wristband or something, and then you pick them up later.

You go and sit, then you sit and sit some more. By the time the game starts everyone around you knows you and it's not a big deal to go put your seat in your car and come back while everyone holds your spot for you. It's actually a pretty relaxed atmosphere. There's bathrooms too, so you don't have to hold it forever.

11-1130 might be cutting it. You'll probably be fine. I would come earlier for the Fielder bobble though.

Every time I've showed up for a Snappers bobble giveaway at noon, I've been fine. I showed up at noon for the Garza, but then left and went to Culver's because there were so few cars in the lot. I got back in line around 12:20 and I was probably number 250 or so. I suggest getting there at least by noon for Cirillo. Much earlier for the Prince one.

Just a heads up, if you are coming from the north, I think the Shopiere Road exit is still closed. You'll have to take the main Beloit exit and work your way through town. Don't worry, you only see the nice parts of Beloit. When you get there, you have to buy your tickets, and then get in line. The long line will be for people waiting to get in the gates, not to buy tickets.

What to do? Talk to the people standing around you. Bring some playing cards. A buddy and I tried to get a euchre game going, but it was hard to do without a table. Let someone mentioned, it's a pretty laid back atmosphere. After going to a bunch of these, you will see lots of familiar faces.

I'll be at the Prince game with at least 25 friends. However, I don't think anyone, including me, will be getting a bobblehead. My wife is throwing me a 30th birthday party at the game. The picnic lunch starts at 12:30. I told my wife I'll probably miss out on the party because I won't want to lose my spot in line. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
$100 and its yours.

WHAT?????

That has to break trading post guidlines, a ticket costs like $6, add shipping and insurance, that is $14, and $100??

I hope you were joking...

cweber, you aren't naive at all, believe me once you get there, you will not be confused at all, maybe I can meet up with you there.

What, do you expect it to be $20? You don't get what the original guy paid for it. You have to pay for the rarity of the item and the labor spent to get it. Maybe $100 is steep but I do expect it to be $100 fairly soon. It will probably draw at least $60 on eBay right away.

I don't even think 60$ will accurate. The only reason the old beloit ones are so high is because they weren't established MLB players at the time, and most collectors never got the prince. The beloit bobbleheads from last year go from 30 to 40. Prince may be more popular, but I don't think much more so than Bill Hall. 100$? No thank you.

Quote:
That has to break trading post guidlines, a ticket costs like $6, add shipping and insurance, that is $14, and $100??

Guideline number 4 reads : - If you as individuals question an offer?s value, we would request that conversations be made via Private Message. Come on BHF, read the rules! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

But to the original point, who cares what he asks, the market will set the price. Is anyone going to pay $100? Maybe, maybe not -probably not, (no) but why can't he ask. I didn't view his price as unreasonable. Unlikely? Yes (very), but not unreasonably high to the point where he broke any of the guidelines.

If he asks for $1,000 then I know he's just wasting my time. But if he asks for $100 I look at it as a starting point. I know I can counter with $30 and we can barter from there.

I was never a big fan of the "request that asking prices be kept reasonable" guideline. I understand the nature in which it was intended, but I just didn't see a need for it. The market will determine the price people are wiling to pay. Period. We're all capable of deciding what we're willing to pay/trade. Heck, a couple of people have already chimed in. Behold, the market place at work.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I was surprised at the low turnout. I arrived with my 2 rugrats around noon. I was probably around #300 or so.

I wish I would have read the updated posts on this thread before I went to the game so I could have introduced myself to some of you. I was wearing my green Snappers hat with a Snappers t-shirt with cutoff sleeves. I had my 7-year old daughter with me and my 4-year old son.

Archived