Brewer Fanatic

The "What if we added at the deadline?" thread

We are only about 3-4 games behind some of the teams that we are talking about trading with and only 6 out of the wildcard behind the Pirates. If this team were going to add players at the deadline, where would we add?

1. Bullpen

2. Power bat at 1b

3. SS?

If Weeks bounces back in the 2nd half and we add Lucroy and one more bat our offense could be much better. We need another one or two bullpen arms as well.

So lets assume we sweep the Marlins (yeah, I know this thread might be short-lived under that assumption) and we come out of the break and do well vs. Pitt, Cin and STL. what do we do before the deadline?

You hit the nail on the head, but you absolutely CANNOT give up any pitching that you think will contributs at the major league level. That complicates things, we have to look for the Nyjer Moragn for Cutter Dykstra type of a trade.

We are only about 3-4 games behind some of the teams that we are talking about trading with and only 6 out of the wildcard behind the Pirates. If this team were going to add players at the deadline, where would we add?

1. Bullpen

2. Power bat at 1b

3. SS?

If Weeks bounces back in the 2nd half and we add Lucroy and one more bat our offense could be much better. We need another one or two bullpen arms as well.

So lets assume we sweep the Marlins (yeah, I know this thread might be short-lived under that assumption) and we come out of the break and do well vs. Pitt, Cin and STL. what do we do before the deadline?

I think the list goes more like this:

1. Bullpen

2. Bullpen

3. Bullpen

4. Bullpen

5. Bullpen

6. SS

7. Bench

The bullpen has been horrid and there doesn't seem to be hope of improvement with the guys collected. So new bodies, new blood, SOMETHING new has to happen.

We need 2 or 3 top flight All-Star level pitchers in order to make the playoffs. One starter & 2 relief pitchers. Who is available?

(crickets chirping)

Maybe we could give up Thornburg, Peralta, Bradley & Gennett for a few months of Cole Hamels

(crickets still chirping)

The probability of Gallardo pitching like an All-Star Cy Young candidate and Wolf pitching like a 3.25 ERA guy and K-Rod & Axford pitching like, well, K-Rod & Axford is much more of a better bet.... and I'm not betting on that!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

what we should add at the deadline is financial relief

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Trade away our pen guys for salary relief (if anybody will take them) and put Peralta Thronburg Rogers in the pen and let them get their feet wet. They all have better stuff then any of our bp guys with the exeption of Axford

Archived