Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-04 Marlins (Johnson) at Brewers (Wolf), 3:10 PM CDT

I'm really surprised he was left out there against a HR threat like Morrison, but let's be honest - we don't have a single bullpen pitcher with an ERA under 4.25. He pitched a helluva game and deserved a chance to finish 7.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, it was a nice start.

That one's on Roenicke.

So if Roenicke then makes the switch to someone in the bullpen and then they give up the lead its on Roenicke still right? I would have made the same move as Roenicke did there and not go to the bullpen as it is a mess. It was a 50/50 shot that either Wolf was going to get out of it or the bullpen was going to mess it up again. My bet would be on the bullpen messing it up anyways might as well just go with Wolf in that situation with just about no one in the bullpen you can trust at all.

Community Moderator

Yeah it was a knee jerk reaction. He looked exhausted though, sweating like crazy.

The best the Marlins can counter with is a pitcher with a 5.94 ERA, so this game isn't going to stay 5-5 for long.

(Ron picks up the phone) "Hey, Dougie. Anybody we have in the minors that can throw strikes? Cause I had to chose between leaving old man Wolf in to try to pitch the seventh, and a bullpen that couldn't stop a grandma with a walker from circling the bases"
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

First to 10 12 wins?

Fixed that for ya. :laughing

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Send one outta here Rickie!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived