Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-03 Marlins (Sanchez) at Brewers (Estrada), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, insanely, 13-12, 10 innings]

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a reason he's there and we are here.

Mostly because hiring managers in baseball is an old boys club where they just hire former players who believe in the same crap ways to play the game that they have for 100 years.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I'm so glad that the Brewers didn't overpay Reyes. I think it's pretty safe to say that he had a career year last season playing for a contract.

There is no such thing as a career year in a contract year. Every year you play to your career norms. ;)

Yep, just a statistical anomaly, I'm sure. People have never been extra motivated for money.

It's really cute watching people only remember the examples that support their opinion. Nevermind that 50% of the time it doesn't.

Let's see if this works:

http://rumorsontheinternets.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/sadwingflap.gif

It worked!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It's really cute watching people only remember the examples that support their opinion. Nevermind that 50% of the time it doesn't.

I saw that one coming from a mile away, my friend. Despite what Dave Cameron and his disciples say, I say that there is something to the contract year phenomenon for some guys- cute or not. Of course if you combine the stats of all guys playing in a contract years, there will be some guys getting injured and pressing to bring things back to the norm. You need to look at the career stats of each individual case. Some guys are motivated to put up better numbers in contract years, as it was completely obvious with Reyes last season.

I never boo but I think if I was there, I might.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Someone please tell me yahoo play by play if off or I am going to be very pissed. According to Yahoo Manny comes in to relieve Veras and records two outs with 8 pitches. Next inning with a lefty Morrison leading off Manny is pulled in favor of Loe, and then the wheels fall off.

Why in the hell would RR make that decision? Manny has been tough against lefties this year, and we all know Loes track record vs. lefties.

Horrible pitching also played a major factor, but one can only assume what might have happened if Manny stayed in since he appeared to be pitching well.

Archived